Internship Dates: May through early August, start and finish dates are negotiable.
General Description: Sign shop interns report to the Sign Shop Coordinator. A Sign Shop Intern produces and designs projects for the State Fairgrounds events and the Indiana State Fair while providing excellent customer service to all whom we serve.
- Produces and designs signs and banners for Fairgrounds events and all Fair departments.
- Cleans and repairs signage.
- Assists with sign and banner inventory and maintains supplies and materials.
- Assists with signage installation during the Indiana State Fair and collection after the fair is over.
- Responsible for making sure signage is displayed properly to the ISFC requirements during the Indiana State Fair.
- Assist with miscellaneous print projects for the Marketing Department as needed, including graphic design.
Qualifications: The incumbent must be able to work extended hours including Saturday and Sunday when necessary. Interns will work 40 hours per week prior to July with extended hours beginning thereafter. The Sign Shop team must work well together and provide excellent customer service. Knowledge of graphic design programs is helpful but not required. Excellent attitude and work ethic is required.