Job Description: Field Atlas Ambassador
Status: Part-time Intern
Initiative: AgriNovus Indiana
Reports to: Career Success Manager
Under the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), AgriNovus Indiana is the State’s food and agriculture initiative focused on advancing Indiana as a nationally recognized leader in the agbiosciences sector – the area where food, agriculture, science and technology converge. Indiana is in an enviable position to accomplish this through the following areas led by AgriNovus:
- Business Growth
- Entrepreneurial Acceleration
- Public Education (Programming + Events, Field Atlas, Research)
FIELD ATLAS + AMBASSADOR PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Are you great at having conversations and building relationships? Do you value a career that changes someone’s life for the better? AgriNovus Indiana is actively seeking high-energy, creative, self-motivated students to work with our team to increase awareness of the Field Atlas platform through its on-campus initiative, the Field Atlas Ambassador program.
Field Atlas is a career exploration platform to help college students on campuses across Indiana identify their own prospective career paths in an innovation-driven industry that feeds the planet, protects the world and improves lives.
Field Atlas Ambassadors serve as a peer connection to students, professors and advisors on their respective campuses and in surrounding areas. They connect students to degree pathways in the agbiosciences, career opportunities, companies hiring in Indiana and real-time internship, entry-level and early career opportunities via the Job Board (Jobs.AgriNovusIndiana.com).
Field Atlas Ambassadors increase awareness of the online Field Atlas career exploration platform on Indiana college and university campuses. Detailed responsibilities are as follows:
- Create and implement a growth marketing strategy for their campus in collaboration with the Career Success Manager, focused on:
- Presenting the platform to students in clubs, organizations, and college classes.
- Meeting independently with academic advisors, professors, staff and students to introduce Field Atlas and agbioscience, on behalf of AgriNovus Indiana.
- Complete individual projects that promote Field Atlas and increase the website’s users.
- Maintain accurate reporting that measures the success of the ambassador network.
- Assist the Career Success Manager, as needed, at career fairs and other events.
- Possess an outgoing personality and an appetite for building and maintaining relationships.
- Display a passion for helping others.
- Bring positive energy and strong work ethic to the job and all engagements.
- Operate with flexibility in their mindset, ideas and schedules.
- Able to work independently and with a team to complete tasks and assignments.
- Builds on personal knowledge base, eagerly and willingly – be intellectually curious.
- Communicates clearly and thoughtfully, able to professionally represent the organization.
- Identifies new and creative means to achieve challenging objectives.
IDEAL CRITERIA OF CANDIDATE
- Current student, pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an Indiana college or university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to network with a diverse range of students, professors and advisors on campus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in work-based programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Outlook).
- Exhibits excellent self-management skills and accomplishes tasks with limited supervision.
- Currently enrolled at an Indiana postsecondary institution.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Proven ability in building relationships and making connections with peers and professionals.
- Must be able and willing to travel to and from meetings, career fairs and developmental activities.
- Must have reliable access to internet connectivity, laptop computer and phone.
- Compensation for Ambassadors is $14 hourly.
- Estimated 5-10 hours per week, flexibly based on individual schedule.
- This is a 12-week internship program.
- Mileage for approved ambassador-related travel and offsite meetings will be reimbursed.
- Pre-approved expenses for ambassador related work will be reimbursed.
Interested candidates can find the application using the link below:
Candidates will be selected on a rolling basis.
Direct inquires and questions to:
Field Atlas Ambassador Supervisor