As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
We’re looking for a passionate Network Engineer to help us deliver and run a suite of new technology solutions for the entire company. The Network Engineer role is accountable for delivering a variety of technical products, working as part of the DevOps Team alongside other engineers and architects.
The Network Engineer will be part of the team that is responsible for the development and support of the Elanco’s Hybrid Cloud & Network Platform. The DevOps Team works closely with the Technical Service Owners and Operations Team to constantly raise the reliability bar for our services, providing guidance for the adoption of modern technologies and zero-trust strategy in all stages of the service development life cycle.
Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 65-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 10,000 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
- Crucial role in implementing solutions to improve our network infrastructure operations
- Responsibility for the engineering of SD-WAN, LAN, WLAN (Cisco and Meraki), NAC (Forescout), DDI (Infoblox) and other Network Services (e.g. Solarwinds)
- Deliver the day-to-day network operations service in line with agreed policies, processes, and procedures
- Troubleshooting complex infrastructure issues, service incidents, performance, and availability issues
- Implementing changes to the network environment
- Proactively research new and emerging technologies and approaches to enhance the network infrastructure posture of Elanco.
- Creating and maintaining documentation artefacts to ensure our solutions are well documented and simple to understand.
- Building enhancements and fixes where necessary.
- Ensuring the delivered solution meets not just technical, architecture and application principles, but also is compliant to our IT Security, Privacy and Quality needs.
- Running deep dive initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
- Actively building and staying abreast of emerging technologies, guiding teams on how to interpret and best leverage the emerging technologies.
- Engaging in the community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire.
- At least 5 years’ experience in network engineering
- 5 years’ hands-on experience in routing, switching, wireless, segmentation (Cisco)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SDN technologies (Cisco SD-WAN, VMWare NSX)
- Knowledge of firewalls (Palo Alto)
- Knowledge of Network Access Control (especially Forescout)
- Understanding hybrid cloud environment (Azure, GCP, VMware)
- Familiar with network security solutions
- Strong communication skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result
- Strong personal & work organisational skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience in designing and building technical solutions
- Familiar with scripting and automation
- Experience within an infrastructure operations environment
- Experience in working with vendors and MSPs
- Strong passion for new technologies, new ideas and creative way of thinking
Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate industry experience
Overseas travel may be required.
Working across time zones to support the global business.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status