Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Produce and implement the site reliability policies for all equipment and systems and procedures, ensuring all planned routines are correctly specified and critical spares are available to allow the maintenance team to effectively complete tasks
- Site lead for all engineering Root Cause Analysis and implementation of long term engineering solutions to prevent reoccurrences
- Manage reliability KPI’s including Downtime Hours/OE, OEE, Mean Time Between Failure (MBTF) and Cost to repair of equipment and systems
- Supply reliability status monthly reporting figures. Analyze reliability trends using CMMS data, engineering field studies and FMEA to develop improvement projects to address the issues of concern
- Implement technical standards assuring all assets, reliability processes and procedures remain fully compliant with LDC policies, regulatory requirements and GMP status
- Lead the site Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices Annual Assessment and is responsible for the creation and execution of Best Practices Action Plans
- Analysis and reporting of OPEX spend actual vs budget
- Assist in development and execution of the sites annual Maintenance CAPEX plans
- Assist in development and execution of site annual shutdown projects
- Ensure work area is kept clean and free from safety hazards
- Conduct toolbox maintenance, toolbox safety, benefits, and other meetings as required
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Accepts/carries out/completes other duties as assigned
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any physical demands)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and industrial processing machinery
- Knowledge of manufacturing regulatory and safety requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to operate process control systems, DCS, PLC, HMI
- Strong decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technically proficient in entire Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Adaptable, and able to work with many different personalities and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and manage various daily requirements
- Ability to thrive in all types of work environments (colder temperatures with appropriate PPE, climbing stairs & scaffolds, occasionally lifting and pushing up to 50 lbs)
- Able to give direction with respect to machine operation/repairs
- Able to climb stairs and ladders as well as work at extended heights of 175 feet, manage confined space entry, withstand extended periods of walking and standing, and move manufacturing materials, products and equipment of 50 pounds or more, which requires regular bending and lifting
- Post-secondary education in the field of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Must have 5 or more years of work experience in an engineering function at a manufacturing or processing plant
- Experience with CMMS programs and conducts training and follow up with technicians in the use of these systems
- Knowledge of ISO 9000, BQ-9000, Six Sigma and/or FMEA
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
– Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision care coverage, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
– 401k with Company Match
– Family Friendly Benefits including childbirth and parental leave, fertility and family building benefits
– Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
– Hybrid work available (not applicable to all roles)
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
Louis Dreyfus Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us