Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members’ contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
The Project Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and completion of various capital and MRO projects at multiple locations. This position will also develop solutions from concept to implementation.
- Design and management of capital and MRO projects.
- Coordination with other departments and facilities as needed.
- System design from concept and general specifications to project designs, proposals, and schedules.
- Manage projects from conception through implementation and start-up.
- Responsible for equipment selection and procurement, materials purchasing, and contractor selection and coordination.
- Maintain project status updates and cost control for all projects.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in mechanical design, process design, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing or related field
- Manage multiple projects at multiple sites simultaneously.
- Manage cost control and schedule for all assigned projects.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical systems including process, water, compressed air, and hydraulic systems.
- Understanding of ammonia and Freon refrigeration.
- Understanding of electrical and control systems.
- Knowledgeable of USDA, EPA, and OSHA best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Autodesk software preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to travel unrestricted, on short-notice, both domestically and abroad as needed.
- Must be able to pass E-Verify
FLSA Status: Salaried Non-Exempt
EOE, including Disability/Veteran