SUMMARY: This is the top HR Manager position at Corydon, IN and the Team Members is responsible for all HR Functions and Labor Relations for all areas assigned to this position. The following is a list of 7 primary job duties that form the focus of this position is not intended to be all inclusive, but allows the incumbent to best serve the organization.
The primary duties are as follows:
- Training Development Plan – Facilitate and coordinate with the various department heads internal as well as external management supervising the entire location. Ensure that all required annual training be completed such as EEO and Ethics Compliance. Ensure compliance and practices of the company s basic upward and downward communication vehicles to promote a work environment of trust and Team Member goodwill.
- Turnover Retention Improvement – Assist local management in leading and implementation of retention initiatives focused on enhancing the team member experience in orientation and job training and work activities. Coordinate and communicate with local management any recommendations for developing people leadership skills in line supervisors. Gather and analyze turnover retention and absenteeism data to assist leaders in improving results with a passion for people.
- HR Audit – Audit the HR functions to ensure that the complex is in compliance procedurally and consistently with our policy and practices guidelines and union contracts where applicable. Review discuss and make recommendation to facility leaders on ways to correct any issues forthcoming in the audits.
- Recruitment – through succession planning identify future staffing needs at all levels within the locations and plan recruitment activities accordingly. Ensure that the location has an Hourly Staffing Model in place and recruit and staff the location accordingly. Ensure recruitment strategy for all positions is reviewed including diversity needs for the complex.
- Community Relations – Ensure the promotion of Tyson people stories and activities throughout the community with respect to economic imprints. Serve in local service organizations to promote Tyson Foods through volunteerism within the local community and encourage other leasers to do the same.
- Safety – Collaborate with the Safety Department to ensure safety awareness training orientation and compliance.
- Investigations – Conduct thorough investigations of all Team Member complaints. Provide follow-up to HR Directors and other department heads regarding complaint issues. Maintain a written record of all complaints. Ensure that the electronic spreadsheet log for Grievances is updated and current at all times.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
Experience: 4 plus years HR experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills; generating letters, spreadsheets. powerpoints and creating queries. Experience with SAP and Workday preferred.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Travel: 1 to 5 trips per year.
Supervisory Experience: Supervisory experience preferred.
Special Skills: Broad knowledge of HR field; working knowledge of HR laws and regulations Team Member benefits safety and health concepts; strong labor relations experience. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.