Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Process Automation Engineer position based in Midland, MI.
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agrisciences creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience™ creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience™ includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Provide tactical level Process Automation technical services in support of top line growth, asset effectiveness improvement programs and capital projects.
Apply engineering principles and process automation knowledge to support the development, implementation, commissioning, and validation of the successful operation of process automation applications and solutions.
Bring know-how to diverse teams which may include R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing, project resources, and full-service design contractors to realize the objectives of technical programs and projects involving process automation technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Support day-to-day operations to meet business needs (locally at assigned sites)
- Support process automation strategy, configuration, and ongoing support needs
- Identify and implement process automation improvements to streamline work, improve operability and quality, and reduce cost
- Guide and train area personnel on process automation methodology to assist process control improvement efforts
- Assist unit technology teams to develop and implement long range plans for process control improvements
- Support process automation related activities of capital and improvement projects
- Provide process automation checkout and start-up support of facilities to meet production schedules and meet business needs
- Assist Manufacturing Technology Engineers to troubleshoot process control problems
- Ensure adequate documentation systems for site control strategies to maintain the integrity of control strategies
- Lead or support identification and implementation of company required cyber-security measures
- Work with business and regional process automation teams to implement standards and best practices
- Regularly monitors PA workload in assigned area and provides input on gaps and demand to Site Leadership
- Coordinates or lead PA related training for applicable personnel
- Contribute to the development of information management architecture
- Contribute to a diverse team of process automation engineers that embrace diverse ideas to solve difficult problems
Key Interactions with Other Roles:
- Process Safety: Understand/implement process automation improvements to meet safety and regulatory compliance needs at site
- Process Automation: Interacts with all Process Automation personnel company-wide via a process automation network to share and learn best practices. Interact with all Process Automation personnel site-wide to coordinate site PA activity.
- Engineering & Operations Technology: Interface to define and implement process control strategy improvements
- Manufacturing: Support 24/7 plant coverage and uptime needs
- Research & Development: Assist in R&D trials at the site
- Engineering Disciplines Electrical & Instrumentation: Interface with the site E&I to assure 24/7 plant coverage and support for uninterrupted support to operations and to provide support for capital project implementation, interlock testing and operator training
- Capital & Engineering: Participate in various phases of capital projects including front end loading, factory acceptance testing, and commissioning
- Quality: Understand/implement process automation improvements needed to improve product quality at site
- Information Technology: Collaborate on site process control network design and cyber security implementation
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Electrical, Computer, or similar)
- Understanding of fundamental/advanced control strategies and loop tuning strategies
- Understanding of control systems including specifying equipment, configuring network data points, building graphics, logic configuration, and performing system backups
- Familiarity with theory of and specification of process instrumentation and analyzers
- Understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements including safety instrumented systems (ISA-84) and management of change procedures
- Familiarity with project management
Skills Needed for Success
- Demonstrated documentation discipline
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects
- Good communication and presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence managers, peers, and mechanics; able to take a “hands-on” approach with operators and mechanics to get things done
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a diverse team environment – work well with wage roll and exempts
- Proven strong contributor with the capability to work independently
- Ability to travel 5-15% (potentially >30% for leveraged roles)
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.