Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Process Automation Engineer at our Midland, Michigan location. This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
While in this role you will provide tactical level Process Automation technical services in support of top line growth, asset effectiveness improvement programs and capital projects. Apply engineering principles and process automation knowledge to support the development, implementation, commissioning and validation of the successful operation of process automation applications and solutions. Bring know-how to teams which may include R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing, project resources, and full-service design contractors to realize the objectives of technical programs and projects involving process automation technology.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Support day-to-day operations to meet business needs (locally at assigned sites).
- Support process automation strategy, configuration, and ongoing support needs.
- Identify and implement process automation improvements to streamline work, improve operability and quality, and reduce cost.
- Guide and train area personnel on process automation methodology to assist process control improvement efforts.
- Assist unit technology teams to develop and implement long range plans for process control improvements.
- Support process automation related activities of capital and improvement projects .
- Provide process automation checkout and start-up support of facilities to meet production schedules and meet business needs.
- Assist Manufacturing Technology Engineers to troubleshoot process control problems.
- Ensure adequate documentation systems for site control strategies to maintain the integrity of control strategies.
- Lead or support cross-functional team to implement alarm management and safety instrumented system initiatives.
- Lead or support identification and implementation of company required cyber-security measures.
- Work with business and regional process automation teams to implement standards and best practices.
- Regularly monitors PA workload in assigned area and provides input on gaps and demand to Regional PA Leadership.
- Coordinates or lead PA related training for applicable personnel.
- Contribute to the development of information management architecture.
Key Interactions with Other Roles
- Process Automation: Interacts with all Process Automation personnel company-wide via a process automation network to share and learn best practices. Interact with all Process Automation personnel site-wide to coordinate site PA activity.
- Engineering & Operations Technology: Interface to define and implement process control strategy improvements.
- Manufacturing: Support 24/7 plant coverage and uptime needs.
- Process Safety: Understand/implement process automation improvements to meet safety and regulatory compliance needs at site.
- Research & Development: Assist in R&D trials at the site.
- Engineering Disciplines Electrical & Instrumentation: Interface with the site E&I to assure 24/7 plant coverage and support for uninterrupted support to operations and to provide support for capital project implementation, interlock testing and operator training.
- Capital & Engineering: Participate in various phases of capital projects including front end loading, factory acceptance testing, and commissioning.
- Quality: Understand/implement process automation improvements needed to improve product quality at site.
- Information Technology: Collaborate on site process control network design and cyber security implementation
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Electrical, Computer, or similar)
- Understanding of fundamental/advanced control strategies and loop tuning strategies.
- Understanding of control systems including specifying equipment, configuring network data points, building graphics, logic configuration, and performing system backups.
- Familiarity with theory of and specification of process instrumentation and analyzers.
- Understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements including safety instrumented systems (ISA-84) and management of change procedures.
- Familiarity with project management
Skills Needed for Success
- Demonstrated documentation discipline.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects.
- Good communication and presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence managers, peers, and mechanics; able to take a “hands-on” approach with operators and mechanics to get things done.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment – work well with wage roll and exempts.
- Proven strong contributor with the capability to work independently.
- Ability to travel 5-15%
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
– Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
– Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
– Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
– And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives…? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start applying to this opportunity today.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.