Indiana Farmers Insurance is currently looking for a Claims Representative II – Casualty to join our Team. The ideal candidate will be local to the Midwest and surrounding states of Indiana.
This position is for a Claims Professional with automobile property damage and bodily injury experience. The right candidate will primarily handle losses over the phone but could include some field inspections in person or through referral to in-house field staff, independent adjusters, or experts. As a Casualty Claims Representative II with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will support our vision by driving prompt and fair claims resolutions.
Benefits for the Claims Representative II – Casualty:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include work locations in the office, hybrid schedules and fully remote. The type of arrangement available is determined by the position and business needs
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Claims Representative II – Casualty:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years auto claims experience, preferred
- IN, IL and/or OH jurisdiction experience, preferred
- Prior bodily injury and/or property property damage experience, preferred
- Prior experience handling Medicare/Medicaid issues as part of Bodily Injury or Medical Payments, is a plus
- Investigating, evaluating, and negotiating auto casualty claims arising from personal, commercial, and farm exposures
- Ability to take high quality recorded statements and to refer potentially fraudulent claims
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and appropriately set case reserves in a timely manner
- Demonstrating a professional, yet friendly demeanor when communicating with policyholders, claimants, and agents by phone, in writing, and in person
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
- Bilingual, is a plus
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 147 years in business!
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.