High Alpha Innovation is searching for an experienced Marketing Specialist to join our team and play a key role in planning and executing internal and external events. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing the event from conception to launch and will manage all programmatic and logistical components. As Marketing Specialist, you will manage and execute all hands company events, company launch parties, our Alloy conference, Forge conference, speaking engagements, round tables, master class, and orchestrate opportunities for our team members to present at industry events that help build business relationships, generate leads, and amplify brand awareness.
- Ensure our events strategies are in alignment with company initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine event objectives, themes, and logistics.
- Manage event budgets, ensuring cost-effectiveness and adherence to financial guidelines.
- Source and negotiate with vendors, venues, and other event-related suppliers.
- Develop and maintain event timelines, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate event logistics, including venue setup, catering, audio-visual requirements, and other details.
- Work with the marketing team to create promotional materials and communications to generate interest and attendance for events.
- Track and analyze key performance indicators for events, providing post-event reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and prepare them for upcoming events by conducting pre-event briefs, communicating logistics accordingly and conducting post event reporting including but not limited to attendee surveys, ROI analytics, and event debriefs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of events based on sales attribution, attendee statistics and feedback
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in event planning.
- Foster positive relationships with partners, vendors, and internal team members.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Staff and other leaders to create marketing strategies for events based on research of target audiences, competition, and previous attendance rates.
- Project manage events with several variables, setting realistic deadlines and effectively managing timelines and communication.
- Source and work with vendors while maintaining organized records and tracking expenses within a designated budget.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners on engagement planning, scheduling meetings and calls, distribution of meeting notes and follow-through on next steps.
- Act proactively and independently to prioritize tasks and exercise judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and competitor activities providing insights and recommendations to senior management to elevate High Alpha Innovation’s events
- Travel to and support onsite execution and management of key events (approximately 3-5/yr), including show set-up and tear down as well as supporting the on-site team.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of meeting management, hotel operations, and travel programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets effectively
- Excellent knowledge of site selection process and history of working with established venues
- Experience in small to mid scale event management with 100 + attendees
- Motivated, positive self-starter with a bias for action and thrives on working in the environment of a constantly evolving business.
- A creative mentality with an obsession for details and impeccable, flawless execution.
- A passion for building brands, creating events that build and honor our brand, while challenging the status quo where appropriate to advance our event strategy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to run and prioritize multiple projects based on business needs.
- Ability to influence and drive decisions to completion by implementing the plan while being flexible to unforeseen changes.
- Experience crafting landing pages, emails, and managing workflows using technology to lead events.
- Experience measuring program success/ROI.
- Is able to identify when others on the team need help and can work with them to resolve issues.
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Medical, dental & vision Insurance with employer HSA contribution
- Company paid STD/LTD and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work – life balance
- 22 paid company holidays
- 401k with company contribution
- A remote first culture. Work from anywhere in the continental United States
- Company provided laptop plus a monthly technology stipend to help cover additional working expenses
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- The opportunity to create, build and grow innovative products with world class founders