Looking for a fulfilling and exciting internship this summer? Gain experience as a paid summer staff member of the Entertainment Team while promoting and preparing for Indiana’s largest multi-day event – the 2024 Indiana State Fair!
The Entertainment and Events intern should be looking towards a career in event production and marketing. This internship will develop skills in organization, creative thinking, planning, implementation and building partnerships with industry leaders.
Duties include but are not limited to assisting with and implementing:
- Run the Indiana State Fair Parade
- Band Movement and Stage Management
- Free Stage & VIP Seating organization
- Help organize and run the Grandstand Events, Entertainment Shows & Strolling Entertainment
- Assist with the development of social media content for the Entertainment Department
- Event setup & teardown
- Assist with general accounting in relation to various for the Entertainment Department: requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, check needs, etc.
- Involved overall support of the Marketing Department
Interested Applicants Should Have:
- An interest in Event Production, Operations and Marketing
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Team player attitude – willing to assist in other areas and do whatever it takes to get the job done!
- Ability to work independently
- Motivation, be a self-starter
Internships begin in early June. Interns are required to stay through the duration of the State Fair. Internships are 40 hours per week with extended hours one month prior to the State Fair.