Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The Inari Cloud Engineering team is looking for a Cloud Engineer. Our team is looking to grow our cloud-native data and machine learning platform enabling Inari to drive major advances at the intersection of breeding, gene editing, and agronomy. You will work closely with data scientists, bioinformaticians, quantitative geneticists, and crop scientists to determine needs for the cloud platform.
As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the platform that supports predictive design across all of Inari: from designing/engineering solutions for deployment pipelines, automating tasks, building backend supporting infrastructure, and more.
Inari is a late-stage biotech startup on a mission to transform the food system and create a more sustainable future. We are using predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to unlock the full potential of seeds. Inari was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and
our Inari Engineering team is featured in the top 16 Engineering teams in the tech industry. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!Location: Cambridge, MA, West Lafayette, IN, or Remote
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working and supporting AWS Infrastructure
- Strong understanding of AWS and deploying systems and services to public cloud environments with experience working in multi-account environments.
- Work with a team of software engineers and data engineers supporting tools to enable machine learning and data science.
- Experience with terraform or other IAC in multiple production environments.
- 2+ years of AWS engineering experience supporting multiple accounts and CI pipelines
- A strong commitment to our team’s values: learn from every decision, no heroes/heroines, thoughtful inclusion, and fail fast.
- A passion for CI/CD and containerization technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment in a self-directed fashion
- Active interest in learning new technology or domains. We are an organization that goes across many disciplines.
- Desire to work in a mission driven organization focused on sustainability and how we
- Experience working in AWS (1+ years)
- Experience maintaining IAM users and roles
- Knowledge in scripting languages such as bash and python
- Experience building CI pipelines (CircleCI or Gitlab CI preferred)
- IaC tools – Terraform (preferred) or Cloudformation
- Linux (primary) and Windows admin experience
- Experience working with Agtech or biotech.
- Experience working with computational scientists and understanding their diverse needs.
- Have worked with CircleCI or Gitlab CI
- Experience with containerization and K8s
Learn more about us: http://inari.com
Helping farmers feed the world: https://seedworld.com/faster-breeding-will-help-farmers-feed-
World Economic Forum Global Innovator: https://inari.com/news/inari-selected-for-world-
Bloomberg: Inari AgTech Startup https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-
Forbes: Gene editing with CRISPR: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lanabandoim/2021/05/21/gene-
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES: Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.