The Pantheon is a business and innovation hub for emerging technology growth businesses. AgroRenew LLC is an industry-leading Bioplastics processing manufacturer of bio-sourced plastics. Founded from an Ideation at The Pantheon Innovation Center, AgroRenew is committed to creating, developing, and producing 100% biodegradable plastics sourced from a blend of crop food waste, cover crops, and other bio sources. Our Vision is for Earth and Humans to coexist for a sustainable future. We will create renewable, biodegradable plastics in a circular economy that does not divert the food supply chain but focuses on reducing food waste by using it as a viable Bio-source. AgroRenew is committed to enhancing the agricultural economy through ongoing innovation in developing cover crops and purpose-grown crops and utilizing bio-waste streams and byproducts for bioplastics processing and blending.
Position title: Bioplastics Engineering and Process Equipment Design Intern
Position Summary: We seek a motivated intern to join our dynamic team. This internship offers a unique opportunity to work closely with our business professionals and contribute to the development of new equipment and facilities for our bioprocessing operation.
Duration: May 13-August 9, 2024
Location: Pantheon Innovation Theatre, Vincennes, Indiana
Compensation: $22/hour and potential housing
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8AM to 5PM, 1 hour lunch
Direct Supervisor: Brian Southern, AgroRenew
Support: Drew Garretson and Nichole Like, Pantheon Ag Tech
Permanent Employment: Possible transition to permanent Team Member at AgroRenew
Projects & Deliverables
- Work with the design team on new Process equipment
- Research methods for processing
- Ideation of new equipment
- Validation of equipment approach
- Design elements of new equipment
- Work with Architect and Engineering Firm developing new building
- Location of equipment
- Resources needed for equipment (electric, gas, water, drain, air, etc.)
- Flow diagrams for equipment and movement of biomaterial
- Work with equipment and product suppliers
- Identify equipment suppliers for specific elements in equipment
- Select specific equipment based on process need, quality, and availability
- Identify competing products for price comparison and delivery
- End of the summer project presentation to Pantheon leadership and Pantheon Ag Tech committee.
- Desing and Development of Process Equipment for Bio-Waste reduction and Bioplastics Blending.
- Current enrollment in ABE or ASM degree programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow alongside industry professionals
- Potential for continued involvement or advancement within the company post-internship
- Access to co-working space and amenities
Send resume and cover letter to Nichole Like at email@example.com by February 2nd to apply.