Weaver Popcorn Hybrids is seeking a hardworking, motivated individual to participate in a three-month summer internship. The Hybrid Research Internship will offer the opportunity to work in all aspects of the popcorn breeding process.
• Assisting with day-to-day research activities such as pollinating, phenotyping, tissue sampling, manual and/or chemical weed control, stand counts, inventory, and special projects
• Management of pollination crews in the breeding nursery and/or crossing blocks
• Currently pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree in plant breeding, agronomy, horticulture, plant biology, or related field
• Valid U.S. driver’s license
• Reliable transportation to New Richmond, IN site (30 minutes south of Lafayette)
• Relevant coursework in agronomy, plant breeding, plant pathology, and genetics
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions including high heat, sun, wind, and rain for extended hours during peak pollination
• Attention to detail and excellent observation skills
• Key qualities: reliable, honest, responsible, and strong work ethic
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.