About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland, by aerial and satellite imagery acquisition, in North America, South America, Russia, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers and agronomy retailers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $60M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We are seeking a talented to join our fast-growing company and our amazing team and lead the company’s global selling efforts. If you are ready to bring your collaborative spirit, integrity, and commitment to excellence to our world-class team we would like to hear from you!
- Lead and grow the North American Sales team.
- Establish clear growth objectives and lead the creation of scalable sales offerings
- Develop, monitor, and communicate key business metrics, including sales responsiveness and quality and pipeline effectiveness
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Responsible for the entire sales cycle from discovery to closure
- Mentor and coach the Sales team throughout key development cycles, including client interaction, interpersonal skills, career progression, etc.
- Evaluate and improve sales workflows and processes
- 7+ years of experience in Ag sales (seed, CP, fertilizer), P&L management.
- 5+ years of managerial & key account experience
- Experience and/or education in corporate finance.
- Experience with contracts and Salesforce or similar CRM
- Excellence in written and spoken communication, project management, and time management
- Great interpersonal skills to interact with customers, partners, and peers