At Elanco (NYCE: ELAN) – it all starts with animals!
As a global leader in animal health, we are dedicated to innovation and delivering products and services to prevent and treat disease in farm animals and pets. We’re driven by our vision of ‘Food and Companionship Enriching Life’ and our approach to sustainability – the Elanco Healthy Purpose™ – to advance the health of animals, people, the planet and our enterprise.
At Elanco, we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is the driving force behind innovation, creativity, and overall business success. Here, you’ll be part of a company that values and champions new ways of thinking, work with dynamic individuals, and acquire new skills and experiences that will propel your career to new heights.
Making animals’ lives better makes life better – join our team today!
The Product & Veterinary Support Representative role is instrumental in delivering gold standard customer support and product stewardship. As part of the Elanco Animal Health, US Customer Experience Team you will have the opportunity to leverage veterinary expertise and clinical experience to build and maintain relationships with Elanco’s diverse customer base.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
The purpose of the position is to serve as an ambassador of Elanco by providing technical and product support for our customers through investigating and documenting information related to potential Adverse Drug Events and/or Product Quality Complaints and analyzing and implementing appropriate customer centric solutions within established Elanco guidelines. Additional product support projects and initiatives will also be involved, including development of and effective delivery of training materials.
· Prioritize availability via telephone to Elanco customers including veterinarians, clinic staff members, consumers, etc.
· Maintain a high level of technical proficiency related to Elanco products and associated disease states along with knowledge of common medical conditions of major animal species, including current medical procedures and treatments, through
methods including, but not limited to, clinical practice experience, self-study, and continuing education.
· Ability to identify customer needs and implement support decisions that align with business objectives through interpretation of departmental policies.
· Demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of the regulatory, quality, and compliance requirements associated with daily execution of the role.
· Understand the importance of and adhere to deadlines related to all aspects of product support from the regulatory, quality, and customer service aspects of adverse event
and/or product complaint investigations.
· Collaborate effectively with internal and external customers and promote a positive work environment and engaging culture that is aligned with company objectives.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
· Documented Veterinary Technician licensure (RVT/LVT/CVT) in one or more U.S states is required
· AA degree (preferably in Biologics/Life Sciences) OR a minimum of two years clinical experience as a veterinary technician in private, corporate, or academic veterinary medicine.
· Previous experience as a technical support resource within a regulated veterinary call center environment is highly preferred.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills, including basic conflict resolution with customers.
· Proficient with basic computer and keyboard utilization, including experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and capable of learning new systems and processes, such as completing data capture in a validated Pharmacovigilance database (PV Entry).
· Effective time management skills with the ability to establish and meet deadlines.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status