The Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital is looking for enthusiastic credentialed veterinary technicians! We are currently hiring for our Versa team. As a Versa Technician, you will have the opportunity to work with all of Purdue’s specialty departments in both the small animal and large animal hospitals including Anesthesia and Surgery, Primary Care, Emergency/Critical Care, Large Animal Treatment, and Small Animal Internal Medicine. Versa Technicians are assigned to the area in the hospital of greatest technician need and through this opportunity will utilize all of their skills as knowledge. In addition, Versa technicians rotate through the Priority 4 Paws mobile surgery unit providing anesthesia and recovery support for spays and neuters to shelter animals in the surrounding area.
Purdue University, located in West Lafayette, Indiana, is a beautiful campus that supports both a College of Veterinary Medicine as well as Associate and Bachelor degree programs in Veterinary Nursing. All veterinary technicians in the teaching hospital teach and mentor students throughout the year. The Versa Technician team generally works M-F but may rotate to weekends depending on hospital needs. After-hours and on-call may be required as needed and will be discussed in advance. As university employees, technicians are afforded a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement contributions. Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This posting represents 3 vacancies.
- Graduate of AVMA accredited veterinary technology program
- Must be RVT in Indiana within 12 months of starting employment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to teach clinical skills and concepts to students
- Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations
- Experience working in a veterinary teaching hospital or multi-specialty veterinary hospital
- This was formerly classified as an operational/technical position; an internal lateral transfer will retain same benefit standing
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer; all individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply