The Purdue University Veterinary Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic credentialed veterinary technician to work with our Small Animal Internal Medicine Team. This team works closely with Internal Medicine specialists, residents, and interns assisting with a wide variety of endoscopic and urology procedures, a volunteer canine/feline blood bank, diagnostic sample collection and preparation, I-131 patient care, and client communication and education. The Small Animal Internal Medicine team works M-F with rotating on-call responsibilities for nights, weekends, and holidays.
The veterinary nurses in the hospital have the opportunity to continually learn new skills and techniques which leads to teaching those skills to veterinary and veterinary nursing students. We are looking for someone with a good base knowledge of physiology, disease processes, anesthesia skills, and a great attitude.
The Purdue Veterinary Hospital values credentialed veterinary technicians for the skill and knowledge they bring to the hospital, students, and patients. Purdue University, located in West Lafayette, Indiana, is a beautiful campus that supports both a College of Veterinary Medicine as well as an Associate and Bachelor degree program in Veterinary Nursing. All veterinary nurses in the hospital teach and mentor students throughout the year. As a university employee, veterinary staff are afforded a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement contributions.
- Graduate of AVMA accredited veterinary technology program
- Must be RVT in Indiana within 12 months of starting employment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to teach clinical skills and concepts to students
- Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Experience
- Experience working in a veterinary teaching hospital or multi-specialty veterinary hospital
- Predominately weekday shift duty with rotating after hours on call duty and holiday coverage
- This was formerly classified as an operational/technical position; an internal lateral transfer will retain same benefit standing
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)