Labcorp Drug Development is recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. Join us and discover your extraordinary potential.
Veterinary Tech-Study Tech Vet Ops
Hurry, $3,000 sign on bonus paid as $1,500 upon hire and $1,500 at 6 months
We have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Technician/ Study Tech Vet Operations at our Greenfield, Indiana lab. The ideal candidate Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Nurse, RVT preferred but not required. In this role you will perform basic veterinary wellness and laboratory procedures related to research studies on a variety of animals including but not limited to;
- Assist with daily rounds and monitor of animals in vivarium, may prepares animal health reports
- Performs physical examinations and treatments as deemed necessary by the clinical veterinarians.
- Provides environmental and social enrichment to the laboratory animals.
- Maintains and monitors various reports and records including animal health records, activity reports and enrichment logs.
- Performs general physical exams, laboratory testing and dental cleanings on multiple species
- Performs aseptic surgical preparation and performs anesthesia on multiple species
- Performs basic dosing and bleeding techniques and restraint procedures on multiple species
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol, standard operating procedure documents, and government regulations
- Will assist or preform surgical procedures
- Effectively managing time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms, feed, environmental requirements, study supplies, surgical supplies
- Applies good research practice (GRP) principles
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Performs a data review of study materials with minimal quality control (QC) findings and understands the level of a quality assurance (QA) audit
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- Requires occasional weekend coverage
- Staring pay rate for qualified Vet Tech is $18.00 per hour with .50 increase at 6 months
What do we provide?
- Day time work hours, requires working every 3rd weekend, no late evenings or overnight!
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) in the first year along with 7 paid holidays.
- Great benefit offerings that start the first of the month including 3 medical plans, 2 dental, all lab work done at Labcorp office is Free! Immediate ability to participate in our 401K with 5% matching funds, tuition reimbursement and rewards focused on keeping the mind, body and person financially healthy.
- Fantastic growth opportunities for you to grow your knowledge and career
- Great work environment, see why FORTUNE magazine has named Labcorp as one of the
for 3 years in a row! * A career where your work connects to improving the lives and health of people and animals around the world.
(enhanced employee referral available)
Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology. Requires prior experience in either large or small animal surgeries
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is preferred, but not required.
Our Commitment to Animal Welfare
Covance is committed to ensuring the welfare of animals used in research. Animal research is critical to developing new, safe and effective medicines that save the lives of people and animals. At Covance, we treat the animals we use in biomedical research humanely and with compassion and respect. We also adhere to strict standards of care and ethical principles in providing for their welfare.