Covance by Labcorp is a leading contract research organization (CRO) that provides contract research services to the drug, medical device and diagnostics, crop protection and chemical industries.
Employing over 26,000 people worldwide, we provide comprehensive drug development solutions and are on a mission to advance health and power clear, confident decisions.
Veterinary Tech-Study Tech Vet Ops
Based on expansion in our Greenfield location if you start in May or June we’ll include a $2,000 sign on bonus!
We have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Technician/ Study Tech Vet Operations at our Greenfield, Indiana lab. The ideal candidate Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Nurse, RVT preferred but not required. In this role you will perform basic veterinary wellness and laboratory procedures related to research studies on a variety of animals including but not limited to;
- Assist with daily rounds and monitor of animals in vivarium, may prepares animal health reports
- Performs physical examinations and treatments as deemed necessary by the clinical veterinarians.
- Provides environmental and social enrichment to the laboratory animals.
- Maintains and monitors various reports and records including animal health records, activity reports and enrichment logs.
- Performs general physical exams, laboratory testing and dental cleanings on multiple species
- Performs aseptic surgical preparation and performs anesthesia on multiple species
- Performs basic dosing and bleeding techniques and restraint procedures on multiple species
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol, standard operating procedure documents, and government regulations
- Will assist or preform surgical procedures
- Effectively managing time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms, feed, environmental requirements, study supplies, surgical supplies
- Applies good research practice (GRP) principles
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Performs a data review of study materials with minimal quality control (QC) findings and understands the level of a quality assurance (QA) audit
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- Requires occasional weekend coverage
Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology. Requires prior experience in either large or small animal surgeries
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is preferred, but not required.
Our Commitment to Animal Welfare
Covance is committed to ensuring the welfare of animals used in research. Animal research is critical to developing new, safe and effective medicines that save the lives of people and animals. At Covance, we treat the animals we use in biomedical research humanely and with compassion and respect. We also adhere to strict standards of care and ethical principles in providing for their welfare.