Veterinary Tech-Study Tech Vet Ops
We have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Technician/ Study Tech Vet Operations at our Greenfield, Indiana lab. The ideal candidate Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Nurse, RVT preferred but not required. In this role you will perform basic veterinary wellness and laboratory procedures related to research studies on a variety of animals including but not limited to:
- Assist with daily rounds and monitor of animals in vivarium, may prepares animal health reports
- Performs physical examinations and treatments as deemed necessary by the clinical veterinarians.
- Provides environmental and social enrichment to the laboratory animals.
- Maintains and monitors various reports and records including animal health records, activity reports and enrichment logs.
- Performs general physical exams, laboratory testing and dental cleanings on multiple species
- Performs aseptic surgical preparation and performs anesthesia on multiple species
- Performs basic dosing and bleeding techniques and restraint procedures on multiple species
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol, standard operating procedure documents, and government regulations
- Will assist or perform surgical procedures
- Effectively managing time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms, feed, environmental requirements, study supplies, surgical supplies
- Applies good research practice (GRP) principles
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Performs a data review of study materials with minimal quality control (QC) findings and understands the level of a quality assurance (QA) audit
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- Requires occasional weekend coverage
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
- Prefer but not required RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician)
- Requires prior experience in either large or small animal surgeries highly prefer 1+ years of assisting/administering anesthesiology
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is preferred, but not required.
What we offer
- Outstanding benefits including 24 days of PTO in the first year, 4 medical plans, 2 dental, vision, 401k at 5% match, employee stock purchase plan, on site fitness center, all lab work done at a Labcorp site is free of charge, tuition reimbursement and much more
- We provide scrubs and launder them for you!
- Opportunity to work with a variety of animal species and expand your skills
- Starting pay rate $22.00 per hour, higher pay rate may be available for well qualified candidates
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.