- Provide leadership and guidance to clinical personnel.
- Perform study related procedures, observations, sample collection, and data collection.
- Implement emergency treatments, animal evaluations, and appropriate disposition activities.
- Provide hands-on execution of basic and advanced clinical techniques.
- Train basic and advanced clinical procedures to study execution associates.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant veterinary procedures and trends by participating in, and/or with professional organizations, continuing education, external collaborators, and interacting with leading scientists and authorities to support R&D clinical activities.
- Work with the R&D scheduling team to coordinate weekly clinical tasks for veterinary involvement and guidance.
- Consult and provide support and expertise on clinical, operational, and AW components on study protocol development for clinical trials.
- Coordinate with Animal Welfare Veterinarians to design, implement, and monitor biosecurity and biocontainment procedures.
- Active participation in new animal facility design and implementation efforts, to include renovations.
- Ensure studies are executed in accordance with all regulations, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching as well as additional site accreditation (AAALAC).
- Support the design and development of the site husbandry and clinical program.
- Ensure compliance with GXP processes.
- Support herd/colony health monitoring.
- Rotate on-call schedule with Animal Welfare Veterinarians
- DVM required, current license to practice in the United States.
- Strong field and laboratory clinical skills.
- Experiences working in an Animal Welfare-regulated environment preferred
- Experience working in the Animal Health industry with pre-clinical and clinical model understanding preferred.
- Experience with USDA regulations as well as the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching preferred.
- Prior facility audit experience.
- Familiarity with common animal health-related certification for both personnel and programs.
- Comfort at leading indirectly through influence.
- Experience with third party AW accreditation process for an animal research facility
- Relocation benefits eligible
- Work from home flexibility
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.