As a Utility Forester Work Planner with ECI, your office is the great outdoors! We keep the lights on anywhere there is a power line – whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As an ECI Forester, you will keep communities informed about the trees and power lines while ensuring safe delivery of their power.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Utility Forester Work Planners is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
Relocation may be required to be considered for this or other ECI opportunities. Relocation assistance may be available dependent on client and location. Please visit our careers page at eci.ourcareerpages.com to view all our current opportunities and apply today!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Ultimately, improve safe and reliable electric service delivery to the public.
- Act as the subject matter expert regarding utility vegetation management (UVM), for clients, landowners, and other stakeholders.
- Inspect electric utility easements and prescribe vegetation management actions.
- Coordinate with landowners and stakeholders to develop vegetation management plans for their properties.
- Ensure tree crews are following proper safety and arboricultural practices and procedures.
- Address customer concerns related to vegetation in and adjacent to utility easements.
- Coordinate with utility engineers to assist with infrastructure upgrades and new construction.
- Negotiate with customers for tree removal as prescribed.
- Perform QA/QC inspections on completed vegetation management work.
- Identify vegetative threats to safe & reliable electric service and develop action plans to mitigate.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Prior UVM, Forestry or related outdoor experience.
- Solid, local tree identification skills.
- Ability to read maps.
- Willingness to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, smartphones).
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or related discipline a plus.
- Certification as an ISA Arborist, Registered Forester, or other related certificates/licenses.
- A strong desire to grow and develop your career and knowledge in the UVM industry with ECI.
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish).