The US Recruiting Director leads Elanco’s recruitment function for USA relevant talent acquisition. This role plans, develops, and directs recruitment processes and employment programs and leads a team of recruitment professionals. As part of the Global Talent Acquisition leadership team, this role will influence global corporate talent acquisition strategies and processes.
- Lead, coach, and develop the US Recruiting team while modeling inclusive leadership behaviors.
- Accountable for refining and managing end-to-end recruitment processes that ensure the delivery of a pipeline of diverse and quality candidates with the greatest efficiency, from recruitment strategy to new hire onboarding.
- Creatively develop and effectively execute new and progressive recruiting models, methodologies, and strategies for delivering business results.
- Collaborate with functional level Talent Acquisition Strategic Sourcers to implement sourcing strategies that generate robust candidate pipelines.
- Responsible for building and designing recruitment metrics, reporting timeliness and effectiveness of tools for past trends and forecasting. Develop and maintain performance metrics that provide clarity of trending, benchmarking and insight for making program and process improvements.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring recruitment processes are bought into and adhered to.
- Manage variable recruiting volumes. Oversee the management of external search partners and talent acquisition vendor relationships ensuring the proper mix of in-house and external staffing resources.
- Assess external labor market conditions, analyze trends, create metrics and understand business needs to develop highly effective and proactive recruiting strategies.
- Collaborate with business leaders to drive effectiveness of talent acquisition activities by leading strategic staffing discussions with business leaders and HR partners to align recruiting objectives appropriately and continually.
- Support the development and effective management of Elanco’s employment brand and candidate experience.
- Design and oversee training and upskilling of recruiting team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years work experience with specific experience in Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, or Strategic Sourcing
- Experience managing a team
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Demonstrated recruitment experience managing a variety of talent acquisition programs, leading and building high performing talent acquisition teams.
- Successful track record creating innovative, progressive approaches to talent acquisition and candidate sourcing methodologies, creating employment branding and value proposition strategies.
- Strong results and process improvement orientation with sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Strong analytical abilities: ability to break down complex problems into easy-to-understand action plans
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively and collaboratively with various business partnerships.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and maintain processes based on industry best practices and Elanco business needs.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. The ability to manage multiple high priority projects effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Team leadership experience; proven experience nurturing, developing and mentoring a team.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status