The US Financial Operations function is responsible for the accounting and controls over the US Commercial organization. The US RTR Consultant role is a part of the US Financial Operations team and will report to the US Assistant Controller. The US RTR Consultant will assist in the ongoing transition to new RTR processes, systems, and personnel located in the Warsaw ESC. There will be strong focus in improving the new RTR processes, creating process and control documentation, and working closely with the Warsaw ESC on the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
While the focus of this role will be in RTR, the US RTR Consultant will also play a heavy role in inventory accounting for the US commercial organization, including quarterly evaluation of the inventory returns reserve and the reserve for slow moving and obsolete inventory as well as assisting in reviewing accounting for the broader US organization to confirm appropriate accounting under US GAAP. Other RTR responsibilities will include accounting for the field sales incentive program, monthly trial balance fluctuation analysis, monthly accrual for goods/services received but not yet invoiced, and a variety of other general accounting items and projects.
The US RTR Consultant will work closely with the US Assistant Controller, US CFO, and the broader US finance team on special projects such as revenue recognition, lease accounting, and working to improve processes. Additional responsibilities will include support of BAH integration and transition processes, and other business development and project work.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated strong communication skills and be comfortable working with all functions and levels within a corporate environment, to enable the company’s employee value proposition for employees.
- Perform monthly journal entries to keep appropriate books and records.
- Perform monthly trial balance fluctuation analysis
- Take part in and lead accounting projects.
- Partner with broader finance and commercial organization to drive shared learnings and education of accounting and commercial concepts.
- Take part in continuous process improvements for new RTR processes, driving automation and standardization where possible, and ensure broader organization understanding of new processes.
- Assist in integration of BAH and alignment of BAH and Elanco practices.
- Performance of SOX controls, ensuring compliance and appropriate documentation.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related business area required
- 2+ years minimum experience working with general accounting or controlling activities.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Ability to influence and partner with internal stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong sense of organization
- Ability to collect and analyze complex information
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work efforts, progress on multiple concurrent deliverables and consistently meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts; propensity and comfort working with large data sets typically within Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated business/process ownership
- Established IT skills, preferably SAP experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Recognized ability to work with confidential / sensitive information
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status