As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Your Role: US Pet Health Regional Consulting Veterinarian: Pittsburgh District – Pittsburgh, PA
Within the Elanco US Pet Health Business Unit, the Regional Consulting Veterinarian (RCV) for Pet Health serves as a field-based companion animal veterinary technical anchor and provides support to the commercial affiliate for all pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities as deemed appropriate for the department. The RCV serves its assigned Sales Region as their technical support specialist. The RCV educates and trains veterinarians and staff at corporate hospitals, universities, and general practices on Elanco’s Pet Health product portfolio. RCV’s will operate from their home office; extensive domestic travel (up to 75%) is required. Candidate should reside within their assigned geography and have reasonable accessibility to a major airport.
- Travel will be required on a regular basis for one-on-one customer interactions to support the Pet Health Sales business, for technical presentations to the customer base and/or for technical support veterinary meetings (including national, regional, state or local level meetings).
- Occasional support may be provided to other areas or specialized teams in the Pet Health organization such as Strategic, Specialty, and Retail Accounts.
- Technical support of current products as well as in support of the rollout of new products.
- Assist with product technical training, as deemed appropriate by the Pet Health Training Manager.
- Responsible for the execution of the Academic Liaison Program within assigned Veterinary Colleges/Schools.
- Suggest market support studies and provide input on study design and monitoring when indicated.
- Maintain strong knowledge of key therapeutic areas, practice protocols and study design.
- Stay current with relevant medical technologies and monitor the scientific literature for relevant information.
- Phone and video technical support will entail a component of the position, and case work relative to the customer support aspects of adverse events will be limited.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited veterinary program with the corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the United States.
- Required Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus) although consideration may also be given for experience in comparable industry roles. The practice experience may be in private, corporate, and/or academic environments.
- A valid US driver’s license.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Advanced degrees in veterinary medicine are a positive, as is additional high quality veterinary practice experience (referral practice, etc).
- Solid knowledge of companion animal market, products, and related medical conditions with sound clinical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to providing top quality customer support.
- Additional industry experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements associated with the reporting and follow-up on adverse event reports.
- Keen planning skills and the ability to execute.
- Capacity to work in a field environment with minimal supervision and the ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to work and coordinate activity effectively with others.
- Strong background of training and education in key areas of Elanco product categories.
- Travel: Preference given to a candidate that resides within easy access to a major airport.
Elanco currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from $110,600 to $200,800, depending partly on the successful candidate’s qualifications, including education and experience. Full-time equivalent employees also will be eligible for a company bonus (depending partly on company and individual performance). Additionally, Elanco offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees that includes a company-matching 401(k); vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent day care flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities). Of course, the compensation is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Elanco reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion, and Elanco’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Elanco employees.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status