As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
While this role reports to the Senior Director of US HR Business Partnerships, the US Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) works closely with the functional Strategic HR Business Partner (HRSBP) to support leaders within that function. As a member of the US HRBP team, they will also participate and/or lead projects and initiatives that impact all US employees. Balancing the needs of the business, leaders, and employees, HRBPs provide OneElanco partnership and coaching on HR processes, ensuring communication and collaboration are appropriate based on the HR model with consideration for local requirements.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in human resources
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Learns the culture and needs of assigned function to support the Strategic Business Partner (HRSBP) and leaders within the function
- Partner with functional HRSBP and Senior Director of US HR Business Partnerships to optimize the HR service delivery and enable leaders to be efficient in the use of the HR operating model (i.e HR Shared Services, COE and HR BP support)
- Partners with Global HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s), including Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Employee Relations and Employee Solutions Center (ESC) on continuous improvements within HR services, policies, and programs
- Lead and/or actively participate in projects, initiatives and workshops that improve US HR processes and better empower and enable Elanco leadership (TIM)
- Participate actively in US HRBP exchanges and ensure best practice sharing
- Embrace HR change and transformation.
- Supports the HRSBP and leaders in recruiting, developing and retaining talent to meet leadership and technical capabilities needed in the organization. This may include, but is not limited to, providing guidance on job leveling and job descriptions, facilitating 9Box sessions, and troubleshooting issues in Workday.
- Supports HRSBP and leaders through the planning and execution of engagement initiatives, including accessing and understanding Voice of the Employee survey results.
- Supports HRSBP and leaders through annual compensation processes, such as Year-End Compensation and Technical Ladder, and other compensation analysis based on business need.
- Facilitate educational or informational sessions for leaders by function in partnership with the HRSBP and/or for all managers of US employees
- Leads and/or actively participates in projects and resulting implementation plans, within specific function or for all US employees or leaders.
- Provides guidance to leaders on continuous coaching and performance improvement
- Provide general operational support to HRSBP and leaders within the US or specific function, which includes answering questions related to HR policies, processes, and programs as well as approving and troubleshooting Workday changes.
- Experience as HR Business Partner
- Five plus years of experience in HR areas, such as recruiting, compensation, benefits, talent management, and/or operations
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Strong problem-solving skills with continuous improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build trust and influence without authority
- Proactive mindset with ability to drive for results
- Project management experience
- Ability to lead through change and embrace transformation
- Experience using Workday or other HRIS systems
- Demonstrated expertise in operational planning, organization design, leadership development, performance coaching, and/or rewards design
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status