At Corteva Agriscience, we grow what matters by putting customers and consumers at the heart of everything we do. We recognize that changes to the regulatory landscape are impacting our customers, and we want you to be part of the solution. That’s why we’re looking for leaders to join our US crop protection regulatory team. As a leader navigating this space, you’ll use your collaborative nature, your agriculture experience, and your foundation in the sciences to help our customers meet their needs.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you.
You will lead efforts to obtain and maintain registrations of our crop protection products by collaborating across large networks, both internally and externally. Your innate ability to advocate and negotiate will be a key driver to success as you represent Corteva to external regulatory authorities (EPA, state regulatory bodies, etc.) and internally across various disciplines within Corteva (commercial, marketing, science, etc.). Other key activities include active participation in business teams providing leadership on regulatory strategy and tactics, and engagement in external organizations and committees to shape public policy and advocate for Corteva.
- Lead in the development, communication, and implementation of a US molecule regulatory strategy to obtain and maintain registrations ensuring the company has the “right-to-sell” in the local market
- Engage on Local Product Concept Teams with Commercial and IFS (Biology), providing leadership on regulatory strategy and tactics contributing to the development and achievement of US business objectives
- Coordinate country regulatory strategy development, communication, and implementation with the Global Regulatory Leaders and Global Business teams
- Personal and team leadership for the preparation and delivery of complex registration and data packages to meet US registration needs (federal and state)
- Maintain accountability for planning and management of the country regulatory budget for your molecules, will receive guidance from the US Crop Protection Regulatory Team Leader or designee
- Serve as a key advisor on country regulatory matters to the Global Regulatory Leader and their respective networks
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Corteva products and their registration status
- Lead US Regulatory Teams made up of resources as needed to achieve a molecule’s local regulatory strategy
- Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of all regulatory submissions related to a molecule
- Represent Corteva in working with Federal and State regulatory authorities to support product registrations
- Create and maintain positive relationships with key government representatives
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve issues that could impact a registration before, during and after initial registration
- Identify, communicate, and resolve issues that could have impact across registrations
- Develop a working relationship with Government Affairs/External Affairs to plan and execute advocacy strategies to enhance registration success of their molecules
- Represent Corteva regarding industry issues via participation on and leadership of task forces, working groups, etc.
- Maintain full awareness of molecule/product project plans and provide timely communication to the Regulatory and Commercial teams of critical regulatory milestones and issues
- Guide and mentor Science Subject Matter Experts, Regulatory Specialists, and Regulatory Assistants leading to create and carry out effective registration strategies for products
- B.S. in science or engineering related discipline (organic chemistry, formulation chemistry, engineering, biochemistry, plant pathology, entomology, analytical chemistry, agronomy, toxicology, etc.)
- At least six years of professional work experience in the agriculture industry with responsibilities closely tied to regulatory efforts
- Able and willing to travel, no more than 25%. Normal year will require approximately 10% travel.
- Highly preferred – Experience in US crop protection regulatory affairs and FIFRA pesticide law
- M.S. or higher in science or engineering related discipline
- Experience in crop protection regulatory sciences (risk assessment, environmental fate, etc)
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more
Apply today and take part in the growing need to empower and enable our customers.
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.