The purpose of this role is to deliver and execute marketing medical strategy, support the US companion animal category and brand marketing efforts, and serve as the technical product and disease state expert in the US Companion Animal Business.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide technical product and disease state expertise to the veterinary channel and pet channel brand teams, marketing operations team, sales and channel team, Regional Consulting Veterinarians and other supporting partners within US Companion Animal Business Unit.
- Drive and execute US scientific influencer strategy (KOLs), including owning the relationships with these individuals, organizing US advisory boards and maintaining a scientific speaker’s bureau.
- Serve as medical lead in the development of key data summaries and medical presentations to support the brand. This can be as the author or through coordination with a Regional Consulting Veterinarian or outside consultant.
- Develop product and disease-state training and ensure consistency of messaging across internal cross-functional groups
- Serve as an internal knowledge resource on medical affairs regarding your assigned product and disease state categories
- Develop and maintain relationships with major veterinary associations
- Work closely with Regional Consulting Veterinarians to collect feedback, field expertise and provide scientific brand updates.
- Identify, prioritize and coordinate of post approval studies with appropriate cross-functional individuals, ensuring compliance with Elanco and Industry regulations and standards.
- Collaborate with R&D on pipeline strategy and launch teams
- Assist in the development and execution of yearly US brand plans for the categories.
- Drive scientific content to support brands and categories in US conferences, customer and professional meetings.
- Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited program with the corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the United States.
- 5+ years’ experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus) or residency training in a veterinary specialty. Consideration may also be given for experience in comparable industry role. The practice experience may be in private, corporate, and/or academic environments.
- Qualified candidates must legally be authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Previous experience with coordinating post approval studies.
- Prior work with US scientific influencers (Key Opinion Leaders).
- Previous work in a comparable industry role.
- Evidence of strong presentation and training skills.
- Remote workers will be considered.
- 25-35% of travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status