US Commercial Finance Senior Analyst
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual for a US Business Analyst & Reporting role within Corteva’s Finance organization. The US Commercial Finance Senior Analyst requires strong data analytics skills, analysis and judgment, organizational and communication skills, business acumen and ability to work with a diverse team. We are also seeking for professionals who have curiosity to learn and have a passion to make things better every day.
Primary Responsibilities – How will you help us Grow
- Consolidate Financial information from different sources (systems and people) and prepare analysis, reports, metrics and dashboards.
- Manage analysis and reporting processes leveraging data from financial reporting systems and analytical tools.
- Accountable for leading the design and implementation of an overarching information analysis and reporting architecture that ensures stakeholder transparency and supports NA Commercial Business decision-making.
- Responsible for generating reports and analysis, ad hoc and on a standard cadence.
- Understanding and leveraging financial systems to generate exception-based reporting and tracking.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in reports.
- Assisting with data management and reporting related requests including data mining, curation, migration, maintenance, etc.
- Increases productivity by improving current process through better processes and automation.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects to help Commercial organization to improve its operational excellence and financial visibility/acumen.
- Support Commercial Finance team on monitoring key performance indicators such as pricing, gross to net discounts, etc.
- Be a team player, supporting the commercial area and internal customers in their needs to deliver Corteva results.
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, or business is required.
- MBA preferred.
- +7 Years’ experience in Finance including position in FP&A.
- Knowledge of crop protection and seed business preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to balance strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and Power BI (or other analytical tools, e.g. Tableau) required.
- Data management and consolidation across multiple systems required.
- Expertise with financial systems and understanding of income statements.
- Understanding of cost center accounting and general ledgers preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and existing systems (eg: CFIN) preferred.
- Ability to understand a broad landscape of reporting needs across multiple stakeholders and create an enhanced architecture through new tools and approaches.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and quality awareness.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Must have solid interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate organizational / planning capabilities and have strong business focus.
- Should demonstrate a pro-active attitude and willingness to learn and work in teams.
- Able to work effectively in fast paced and changing environment.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.