The US Indirect Tax Analyst is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced Tax Department reporting directly to the Director- Domestic Tax Compliance. This position will collaborate with the Director and Manager- US Indirect Tax on all aspects of Elanco’s US Indirect Tax activities. The position is primarily responsible for preparing data reports for sales and use tax filings and property tax filings, assisting with compiling data for US Indirect audit defense, invoice review, and supporting the Manager in implementing and integrating new systems and processes. Applicants should also have a self-starter attitude, and strong interpersonal skills, particularly given that this role has an integral role in relationship management with external consultants.
- Monitor and interpret tax legislation relevant to business operations
- Assist in the preparation of property tax returns and supporting schedules
- Prepare and analyze monthly sales/ use tax data for reporting to third party partner
- Validate and process exemption certificates into OneSource & Vertex software platforms
- Independently research and resolve complex sales and use tax questions regarding product taxability, tax rates, and specific transactions
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations for indirect tax accounts
- Assist with the coordination and completion of indirect tax audits, including compilation of audit data
- Oversee the maintenance of exemption certificates and ensuring requests are responded to on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance software is up to date with current laws and legislation
- Communicate with taxing authorities on notices and tax accounts
- Identify and monitor trends and root causes of repetitive tax issues and assist with implementing preventative measures.
- Manage tax mailbox for special requests from customers and vendors related to exemption certificates.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- New graduate -5 yrs. accounting experience
- Knowledge of tax planning and research skills
- Knowledge US Indirect tax planning, compliance, and strategies
- CPA or equivalent
- US Indirect tax compliance experience in Big 4 Public Accounting or multinational corporation
- Experience with SAP, OneSource software and BNA/Checkpoint research programs, Vertex 9.0
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Minimal travel
- Overtime will be required at peak times
- Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status