As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Technical Services/Manufacturing Science (TS/MS) Scientist provides technical support for established processes of blending, wet granulation, drying, compression, extrusion, and/or tube filling. The TS/MS Scientist owns variability improvement, process monitoring, validation and overall technical support for processes. This individual will also be responsible for the support of Operations, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and technical projects in the Animal Health Manufacturing organization at Elanco Kansas City. They will use their expertise in experimental design and data analysis to optimize manufacturing and analytical processes in collaboration with scientists, engineers, maintenance, and operators. The TS/MS Scientist works within the regulatory framework to ensure processes are compliant, capable and in control, as well as continuously improving.
In addition, the TS/MS Scientist will act as a business partner with manufacturing and will work closely with technical associates to establish and maintain best practices.
The position is required to be onsite and reports to the TS/MS Director – Kansas City.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Science, or related field
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills
- Efficient approach to trouble shooting/problem solving, leading root cause investigations
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to network and influence cross-functionally
- Must be able to wear required PPE (e.g., dust mask and full loose fitting PAPR hoods; must obtain fit testing and medical clearance for mask and hood)
- Familiarity with solid and/or liquid dosage form processes
- Understanding of cGMPs and FDA regulations
- Willingness to learn with high level of curiosity
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Strong mechanical and computer skills helpful
- Statistical training, knowledge of statistical methods and applicable software (i.e.JMP)
- Maintain a Process Flow Document (PFD) and current validation for each process
- Maintain clear and well understood manufacturing instructions
- Provide technical content for training on process related instructions
- Use change control and reports to document changes and improvements
- Participate in the generation and analysis of laboratory data to identify and test improvement opportunities
- Evaluate and implement plant trials for possible incorporation into standard practices
- Issue technical summaries and author detailed technical reports to document special events/experiments
- Support all safety and environmental policies/procedures/programs
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status