As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Transfer Pricing Manager
We are seeking an individual to join our tax department who wants to grow professionally and enjoy doing it! We offer you:
- A complex international structure
- Involvement in the formulation of Global transfer pricing policy
- Open-door, team-oriented culture
- Diverse job with tremendous opportunity to learn
This position is responsible for providing primary support and analysis in the Global Transfer Pricing function with the Elanco Global Tax department. In this role, you will be involved in building analytic tools and models to assist in reviewing transfer pricing outcomes and projections. This position will collaborate cross-functionally with other teams across the organization to understand key business drivers and drive value through the design and implementation of intercompany processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Elanco’s global transfer price operation, including understanding and monitoring entity functions, implementing, and monitoring appropriate arm’s length pricing, assisting with intercompany agreements, and managing documentation compliance.
- Manage relationship and document flow with external service providers
- Participate in quarterly corporate income tax provision processes and collaborate with international tax, tax accounting, treasury, and accounting teams to communicate transfer pricing results and assist in understanding models.
- Manage calendars while maintaining due dates for tax filings and documentation
- Conduct tax research, assist with tax audits, and provide tax controversy support
- Actively partner with cross functional groups within the company to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure tax needs are identified, considered, and communicated.
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop, and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax function.
- Support the development of training materials and technical manuals.
- Support the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 process and maintain strong internal controls over transfer pricing processes.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to extract, analyze and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Must be a self-starter who handles multiple projects with competing priorities with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve results in a team-oriented environment.
- Aptitude for process design.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Solid technical skills with Office based applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with presenting to large audiences and executive leaders.
- Ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of intercompany accounting and applicable federal tax laws and regulations, especially in the area of transfer pricing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operational transfer pricing, cost accounting and intercompany accounting
- Knowledge and/or experience in International Tax
- Experience with SAP, S4 Hana, Corptax Compliance software
- Knowledge and interest in improving processes and workflows by using tools such as Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics/Finance, Supply Chain
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in international tax matters, cross border tax issues, and intercompany transactions
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status