Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture, leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Training and Management Systems Specialist (TMSS). The Training and Management Systems Specialist (TMSS) is a critical role that drives the Management System to deliver organizational effectiveness to enable and accelerate Plant/Function performance and business success. This position will be based in Midland, Michigan with potential to support other facilities and functions in Midland.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Management Systems Work Process Leader
- Drives the Implementation, Measurement, Analysis, & Continuous Improvements of the CAMS (Corteva Agriscience Management Systems) Common elements in the plant and function by collaborating with Plant Leadership/Functional Leadership & the CAMS Coordinator.
- Leads Plant/Function to ensure Management System is in place and accurately being followed through alignment of plant/function objectives.
- Measures and evaluates compliance of CAMS Common elements with Leadership and assists with coordination/development to close non-conformances.
- Identifies & documents work processes and ensures work processes follow the Enterprise Document Control Work Process and Enterprise Records Management Work Process requirements.
- Periodically monitors and retains appropriate documented information relative to the effectiveness of work processes.
- Collaborates with Plant/Functional Leadership in reducing unplanned events by improving management systems, tracking and measurement.
- Monitors and coach’s organization on work process measurements to ensure alignment of plant/function goals.
- Identifies the inputs and expected outputs to integrate work processes with other work processes as needed.
- Subject Matter Expert during audits for training and management systems.
- Ensures training procedures are accurate and up-to-date. Responsible for reviewing Training documentation in WebEDMS (or relevant future Corteva tool) with Document Administrators (DA).
- Responsible for leading and completing assigned tasks (training and CAMS related).
- Owns New Member Integration (NMI) process in the plant/function to ensure tasks are in compliance of regulatory requirements and ensuring successful onboarding within the plant/function.
- Owns the plant/function self-assessment plan and reviews the Production/Functional Leader annually.
- Expert level on CAMS Portal navigation.
- Subject Matter Expert of the CAMS tools (ETQ Reliance and use of the modules (audit, CAPA, etc.) within the ETQ Reliance tool).
- Expert in regulatory requirements in regard to procedure templates and training requirements.
- Partner with DA on Management System Processes & Tools.
- Partner with DA to oversee and understand the health of the metrics for CAPA, E&AT, MOC, fileshares, etc.
- Participates in Plant/Function/Site CAMS networks to improve management systems.
- Drives the Plan DO Check Act cycle of continuous improvement for their organization.
- Collaborates with EH&S & Plant Leadership to ensure the Plants/Functions Facility Roster is accurate and kept current.
- Improves performance results through the use of CAMS.
Training Coordinator (Technical Training):
Owns the Plant/Function technical training (Operations, CLO, MEM, EDM, etc.) programs by:
- Leading training development/improvement projects.
- Educating the organization on the program and required management system linkages.
- Driving continuous improvement of plant/function specific training by collaboration with local Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Responsible for creating & conducting testing which also includes facilitation of written and demonstration Learning Review Boards.
- Leading the management and progression of training timelines and learner progress as determined by the Department’s Training Policy; escalate to leadership when necessary.
- Leading, influencing, and mentoring, as appropriate, plant/functional team on process break-in and subsequent learning and development.
- Facilitating Plant Learning Team meetings to address any issues, concerns, status and escalating as necessary.
- Recognizing performance issues in the plant/function and collaborates with Corteva MI L&D to determine best solution and leverage across the site if applicable.
- Subject Matter Expert in the Corteva Learning Management System in assigned plants/departments.
- Serves as a key driver to implement learning tools and coaches’ employees on use and expectations of 100% compliance.
- Partners with Business, Function and Site Learning Leadership to promote and coordinate a proactive and effective plant/function training program to meet business, plant, function, and individual goals in support of a highly reliable and sustainable workforce.
- Manages and ensures correct training courses are assigned to personnel in plants/functions per business, site, function, and Regulatory requirements and ensures all required employee training records are up to date and maintained in the learning system to assist with the plants compliance with the right to operate.
- Owns and maintains role assignment spreadsheet (RAS).
- Reviews and articulates matrixes (i.e. DOT, Process Safety, etc) to determine how they reflect for the roles in their plants.
- Owns local plant/function curriculum groups.
- Evaluates multiple standard implementations to manage and implement courses per function/role.
- Actively participates in local/regional learning networks to understand updates, changes, and implements in plant/function training programs.
- Interacts with Learning Management System Team to implement local course and curriculum changes utilizing the approved operating discipline as well as provides feedback on global curriculums and learning resources to the appropriate owner.
- Owns training metrics for plant/site by tracking compliance and reporting in required tools
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- 2+ years in a customer facing business (5 years preferred)
- 2+ years plant or manufacturing experience (5 years preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred, but not required.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.