At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience! We are currently seeking a Territory Manager, whose role is responsible for expanding Corteva’s Turf & Ornamental business in the Mid-Atlantic territory, serving the states of MD, VA, DE, and WV. In partnership with the account management, marketing, and integrated field scientist teams, this individual is responsible for driving and expanding sales of Corteva T&O products. This role will work primarily with distribution sales representatives and end-use customers such as golf courses, lawn care operators, and nursery growers. The role will report to the Eastern Sales Leader within the Turf & Ornamental Business.
A Day in the Life of a Territory Manager:
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of turf and ornamental products, customers, and key market opportunities within the region.
- Work cross-functionally with Category Lead, MarCom Manager, Account Managers, Market Development Specialist, and Field Scientist to create and implement action plans to grow turf & ornamental sales within the territory.
- Gain share through positioning, training, and promoting Corteva brands & formulated products with key distribution accounts & end-users.
- Willingness to develop a strong technical expertise and provide sound, agronomic recommendations, and support to distribution & end-use customers.
- Accountable for providing market intel and product forecasts to leadership.
- Responsible for building relationships, representing the portfolio, and building awareness with key influencers such as university and extension specialists, industry influencers and local consultants.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take initiative to deliver on objectives when necessary and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Align sales performance expectations with distribution accounts and deliver necessary technical and agronomic information
- Develop detailed key account plans to meet and exceed territory sales goals
- Serve as a customer advocate by communicating customer feedback to the leadership team
Who You Are:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the following areas: Turf Science, Biology, Horticulture, Agronomy, Ag Econ & Business, or related field
- Experience in sales or in a role providing agronomic recommendations in the turf and ornamental industry.
- Previous T&O sales experience and knowledge of the green industry is desirable
- Must be willing to travel at least 50%-75% within the assigned territory and efficient with extensive ground travel.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and coach.
- Preference is for the candidate to reside in the Maryland or Virginia area
Corteva offers a very comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Sales incentive bonus plan.
- 401k plan.
- 4 weeks paid time-off to start.
- 9 paid holidays.
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account.
- Work-life balance – varied mix of working from home office and spending time out in the field.
Apply today and join us in growing progress and enriching lives.
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.