There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Indiana – Ft Wayne
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Tillage Product Specialist – 103810
This position is eligible for remote work at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
This position is located in Ft. Wayne, IN or surrounding areas per the hiring manager’s discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate’s background, experience, and proficiency.
As a Tillage Product Specialist for Des Moines Works located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, you will…
- Deliver onsite localized expertise on tillage products and the unique agronomic value they provide by leading training and field demonstrations to advance dealer sales and service team confidence and capabilities in promoting the value of John Deere Tillage products and associated technology in tillage step
- Support field team and sales department leads in developing and executing tillage marketing and sales plans to achieve tillage sales, market share, and technology goals
- Support competitive benchmarking and marketing material creation as needed
- Provide the voice of the customer to influence portfolio plans, product positioning, and customer value messaging
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position
What Skills You Need
- Corn and Soy Production System and equipment knowledge with the ability to develop deep expertise
- Willingness to relocate to and travel within the specified territory, working unstructured hours based on seasonal needs
- Verbal communication skills to assess customer needs and respond appropriately
- Written communication and creative skills to manage and create effective sales messages/tools
- Proven ability to lead and influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act on customer needs with a sense of urgency
- General understanding of manufacturing and dealer sales & marketing, and customer support processes
What Makes You Stand Out
- 1 or more years of tractor, tillage, and associated precision Ag technology operation or support experience
- 1 or more years of experience working with dealers and customers
- Knowledge of agricultural products and their workings, customer segments, markets, and competitors
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- General understanding of John Deere and dealer sales & marketing and customer support processes
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural, Marketing/Sales, or Engineering discipline or equivalent related work experience
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.