The Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP) is a non-profit organization that brings together the chief executives of the region’s prominent corporations, foundations and universities focused in a strategic and collaborative effort dedicated to Indiana’s continued prosperity and growth. Its mission is to “transform the economy of Indiana to create a more sustainable prosperity and quality of life for our citizens and future generations.” The group creates long-term strategies, research and programs for regional growth and concentrates on issues such as talent, workforce development, the innovation economy, STEM education, quality of place, access to capital and business climate.
CICP is also the parent organization of six branded initiatives: AgriNovus Indiana (agbiosciences); Ascend Indiana (talent and workforce development); BioCrossroads (life sciences); Conexus Indiana (advanced manufacturing and logistics); Energy Systems Network (advanced energy technology and transportation) and TechPoint (technology). In addition to its branded initiatives CICP has successfully incubated and launched the 16 Tech Community Corporation, the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute, the Battery Innovation Center and IN3 (Indiana Innovation Institute).
The Director of Business Equity for Indy Initiative at CICP is responsible for the oversight, project management and implementation of the Business Equity for Indy initiative (BEI), a joint venture with the Indy Chamber and support from the Indianapolis Urban League. BEI exists to grow a more inclusive business climate and build greater equity and economic opportunity for the Indy region’s Black residents and people of color. The Director tracks all activities across BEI’s five task forces (Hiring and Promotion, Procurement, Learning and Talent, Impediments to Health and Public Policy) and the Management Committee, conducts community engagement and outreach across the community to solicit feedback and participation, and is responsible for monitoring and reporting progress through measurable goals and metrics. Additional oversight of BEI’s communications and promotional strategy, including CICP and branded initiative participation, is also under the Director’s purview.
· Broad project management, especially to talent-focused task forces (i.e., Hiring and Promotion and Learning and Talent), across BEI and serves as key liaison between Indy Chamber partners and CICP at the direction of the Senior Director for Engagement and BEI Chairman.
· Coordination and direction for Management Committee member quarterly meetings and communications at direction of BEI Chairman.
· Responsible for guiding task force activities collectively toward actionable programs.
· Develop and manage BEI data dashboard including goals, Key Performance Indicators, and community data to provide transparency and accountability to the community. Will report directly to Management Committee on progress at least quarterly.
· Maintain connectivity with CICP branded initiatives to find alignment with existing programs to support increased diversity, equity and inclusion across CICP and within BEI.
· Develop and grow stakeholder relationships with other non-profits, community organizations, grassroots groups, philanthropy, etc. to find areas of opportunity, partnership and collaboration for both CICP and BEI initiatives.
· Recruit additional organizations in corporate community to learn more about BEI and to participate.
· Support BEI strategic engagement at each branded initiative, especially Ascend Indiana initiative of BEI through the Ascend Network.
· Connect BEI to sector-specific DEI priorities.
· Other duties as requested.
· 100% of your healthcare and dental premiums are paid for individual and family.
· Pre-tax & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous match – 5% contributed by the employer regardless of employee contribution and up to an additional 5% employee voluntary contribution eligible to be matched by the employer.
· Company paid group life benefits as well as company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including 18 holidays!
· Associates/Bachelors or relevant experience preferred.
· Previous diversity, equity and inclusion experience preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Attention to detail and a tolerance for working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent verbal, written and keyboard skills.
· Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure.
· High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Currently Hybrid
Resume and Cover Letter
Interested applicants, please email your resume and cover letter to Melissa Roberts, Senior Director of Engagement at CICP, at firstname.lastname@example.org.