The Bee Corp is an Indianapolis, IN-based benefit corporation that applies data analytics to beekeeping. Our mission is to empower growers and beekeepers by delivering insights into beehive health. The Bee Corp pursues this mission by offering growers infrared inspection technology to measure pollination value and drive decisions to protect yield.
The Bee Corp is looking for an undergraduate/ or graduate-level Data Science Intern to work on building machine learning models to access the strength of beehives. The Data Science intern will work alongside our research and data scientists to build algorithms in our infrared image analysis platform. We use Statistical and Mathematical techniques to create models to access beehive strength. The candidate should be self-motivated, research-oriented, and able to communicate complex ideas with other employees. Beekeeping knowledge is not required.
- Contribute to the Research and Development team’s efforts in building Statistical and Machine learning models to access the strength of beehives.
- Analyze data from various sources, interpret results, create effective visualizations to communicate the findings.
- Write scripts to automate data processing and analysis workflow
- Use data science and machine learning tools to explore research ideas and create solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, or training in a related field with some coursework in Mathematics and Statistics.
- Advanced knowledge of Machine learning algorithms and statistical concepts is required
- Programming skills in any programming language (preferably in Python)
- The candidate must be adaptable and willing to work effectively as a part of the team.
- Able to work 20-40 hours/week
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
The Bee Corp is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
We currently work hybrid in the office in Indianapolis and allow employees to work from home if they are not comfortable coming to the office. If you are in school outside of Indianapolis, then the position is remote.
- Fully Remote