If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience! Our Commercial Sales team has an exciting opportunity for a Pioneer Territory Manager serving South Central Pennsylvania and Western Maryland. If you have a passion for providing solutions to customers and leading a high-performing team, this is a great opportunity for you!
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the territory listed above. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
What we expect from you:
- Responsible for direct selling larger accounts within assigned territory.
- Team selling with local sellers to accounts in that area – includes on-farm sales calls for both existing customers and prospects.
- Directly manage the assignment of customers and prospects to sales representatives.
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with sellers.
- Technical skills/product understanding:
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Pioneer products and services.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects.
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts which include developing and maintaining the relationship and servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point of sale.
- Provide necessary skills and knowledge training to meet sales performance objectives.
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products/services, and build relationships.
- Serve as a role model, teacher, and coach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness.
- Recruit, select, and retain a high-quality professional sales force that can meet the needs of customers.
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketing required. Will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- At least 5 years of sales experience, managing and coaching individuals.
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and coach.
- Agronomy and crop production practices are preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work in a rural environment
- Ability to pass a driving record background check
- Keep in mind, equivalent amounts of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the above requirements
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive benefits package including
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 401k company match
- 4 weeks paid time off to start & paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – a varied mix of working from a home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!