The Territory Manager is a sales and relationship role responsible for establishing new accounts and maintaining and servicing existing accounts within an assigned territory or area of focus. This position plans, develops, and implements sales strategies to ensure long term growth and profitability. The Territory Manager applies a seasoned knowledge of industry, products and services offered, market trends, rules and regulations, gross profit, and pricing to make recommendations to customers, meet established sales/deal goals, and expand account base.
- Plan, initiate, and direct the sales of products to new and existing customers through routine calls, relationships, generating and pursuing leads, and product presentations.
- Create plans for and execute on lead generation – locate, evaluate and recruit potential customers/clients.
- Demonstrate strong technical and industry expertise in the following: serving customers, addressing inquiries and resolving issues; introducing and demonstrating new product/service offerings; managing deal details, price negotiations, credit, and payment terms.
- Forecast and develop plans to achieve sales and gross profit goals for the business which are consistent with growth and target/threshold objectives
- Coordinate with internal departments in all activities surrounding the transfer or execution of goods/services/products, ensure that appropriate instructions, documentation, and regulatory standards are present.
- Participate in marketing and trade activities, utilize experience and seasoned sales perspective to recommend new/changes in marketing approaches.
- Manage administrative requirements of the position. Gather and maintain market/trade data and resources. Leverage that information to formulate and execute sales plans, as well as to inform the department through reporting or sharing of information.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of assigned accounts; may help develop colleagues’ understanding, may be recognized as an expert in one area
- Complexity is high (territory/accounts, product/services, sales or account management process); may serve as a team lead
- Has high level of authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product service terms
- Plans own territory or account approach and manages own resources
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4-7 years’ relevant experience required
- Specialized certifications preferred (specific to assigned industry)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: The Andersons is among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts, conducting remote “interviews,” and making fake job offers in order to collect personal and financial information from unsuspecting individuals. Please note that The Andersons only uses company email addresses, which contain “@andersonsinc.com”, to communicate with candidates via email. The company also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at The Andersons, please verify the domain of the sender’s email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing scam, please reference this webpage for guidance on your reporting options https://www.dhs.gov/be-cyber-smart/report-incident