Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Product Manager, Digital Field & Quality Supply Chain.
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Develops Market-Shaping Digital Product Strategies & Roadmaps
- Works closely with Business Owners, Product Owners, and IT Business Partners to identify strategic business needs and align the right digital products to meet Corteva’s most pressing business needs
- Defines, influences, and executes strategic product roadmaps within the Digital Field & Quality Supply Chain product line by working closely with the IT Business Partner and key business stakeholders and functional leads
- Understands and manages the overall cost of the product lifecycle from ideation to production support
Provides Dynamic Leadership to Product Teams
- Develops teams, future leadership pipelines, operating model maturity, and organizational health
- Emphasizes diversity and inclusion as part of our core IT Culture
- Develops, manages, and leads Agile teams to deliver IT products
- Engages, mentors, and assists team members in developing goals and providing role clarity
- Ensures a safe, secure, and compliant work environment for all team members
- Hires, mentors, and coaches team members
Leverages an Owner’s Mindset to Accelerates Business Outcomes through Disciplined Digital Innovation and Transformation
- Partners with the Product Owner to assess business value develops business cases.to support product investment
- Aligns with Product Owner through Product Vision, and OKRs/KPIs to prioritize stories, epics, and themes.
- Works with Agile Teams to develop tactical roadmaps and delivery cadences following the Corteva Agile operating model
- Ensures product delivery teams focus on the highest business cases with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Ensures successful product delivery inclusive of support for the defined timelines and budgets
- Partners with Architecture and the Corteva Technical Roadmap to develop clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for complex services and product features
- Collaborates with Corteva UX to create exciting design solutions and that deliver best design practices
Drives Seamless Delivery Execution with Financial Stewardship and Transparency to all Levels of Corteva IT Leadership
- Manages and stewards both IT and business investments with an owner’s mindset
- Articulates key product messaging for business and IT colleagues, most notably, IT Business Partners and ITLT members
- Provides upper management and stakeholders with timely status updates
- Ensures transparent change controls to a product by working with stakeholders
- Identifies the critical path of work to assess and mitigate risks for meeting business objectives
- Establishes and leads regular operating rhythms with relevant stakeholders to cover both strategic and operational opportunities and issues and drive decision-making and action
- Maintains product dashboard to track various KPIs – both internal and customer-oriented
- Ensures compliance to all Corteva safety, security, and ethical standards and requirements
3-5 Years’ Experience taking a leading role in leading teams in building digital software products:
- Experience in the collaboration arc typically associated with technical product management, including, but not limited to managing and influencing product vision and investment in concert with business representatives and IT colleagues
- Experience building and leading teams of both employees and contractors to deliver digital products
- Experience developing and managing product roadmaps and their associated budgets and funding models
- Strong technical vision, judgment, and an analytical approach to solving complex business challenges through digital products and services
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new opportunities
- Experience in communicating with executives to describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
5-7 Years’ Experience in IT Project or Product Leadership
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Demonstrated success in transformational change and innovation
- Experience in building processes, and managing large-scale projects in a cross-functional environment under the umbrella of technical product management
- Demonstrated history and dedication to delivery through Agile best practices
- Experience with project management, financials, and budget management
- Establish contracting company relationships to work through new SOWs, screen new members, and contract individual or team-based contractors
- Experience managing SOX Compliant applications working with internal and external auditors
Experience and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical product/program management or related function.
- 10+ years of software delivery, preferably Agile delivery
- 5+ years of relevant work experience managing information systems and technology; agriculture experience a plus.
- 5+ years of IT Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related experience
- MBA Preferred
Let’s peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!