As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Technical Associate/ Sr. Technical Associate will use their skills and knowledge in analytics and formulations to optimize biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. The incumbent will participate in large molecule formulation and process development efforts (e.g., monoclonal antibodies). This position will be responsible for implementing and optimizing a panel of assays to evaluate protein solubility, stability, aggregation, charge, and homogeneity to enable developability assessments and lead formulation selection. This position is laboratory-based and will require routine interaction with scientists across multiple discovery and core research laboratories at Elanco. The incumbent scientist will be expected to support multiple projects at any given time. The ability to independently conceptualize and execute experiments, coupled with a “can do” attitude, is essential.
- Perform analyses using a variety of biophysical/analytical techniques including but not limited to dynamic light scattering, differential scanning calorimetry, differential scanning fluorimetry, solubility determination, microflow imaging, viscosity measurement, osmolarity and melting curve analyses.
- Perform routine buffer exchange/dialysis and engage in aseptic fill finish activities.
- Screen buffer compositions for compatibility with protein solubility and formulation needs.
- Conduct routine analysis of large molecule candidates using existing SOPs and regulatory guidelines as well as performing equipment troubleshooting when needed.
- Document entries in lab notebook and contribute to technical reports.
- Keep abreast of scientific literature in the field and implement novel developability screening protocols, automation and instrumentation.
- Provide expertise in evaluation of new platform technologies.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Analytical Chemistry, or Biochemistry) or a minimum of 5 years or relative industry experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working on R&D projects in the human or animal health industries.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Highly focused and detail oriented.
- High personal ethical and quality standards.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Proven project leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience in using ELNs.
- Knowledge and experience in high throughput sample design and analysis.
- Knowledge and experience with HPLC/UPLC techniques (hydrophobic interaction, analytical size exclusion, reverse phase chromatography).
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical R&D laboratory.
- Experience in writing analytical protocols and development reports.
- Experience with downstream processing and/or formulations of vaccines and/or therapeutic proteins is a plus.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status