Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture, leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Biologicals and Natural Products (BNP) team in Corteva Agriscience plays a critical role in the discovery, development, and optimization of microbial and small molecule natural product active ingredients. We are seeking a Systems & Synthetic Biology Leader to join us and lead a team of molecular biologists at our Indianapolis Global Business Center.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Lead a multi-disciplinary technical team with a focus on people development, talent acquisition, and performance management.
- Establish and refine the technical strategy and team goals in alignment to Corteva’s R&D and business objectives, and through close collaboration with BNP leadership.
- Drive new initiatives, technology evaluations, and process improvements through strong partnerships with colleagues spanning Corteva R&D.
- Provide technical leadership to scientists and technicians across BNP and the Crop Protection Discovery & Development organization.
- Communicate updates to stakeholders, including project leaders and R&D leadership.
- Deliver internal and external presentations, identify and capture IP, ensure strong documentation practices, and drive publications as appropriate.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related scientific field.
- At least 8 years of work experience in industry setting and/or applied research.
- Experience with microbial strain improvement and metabolic engineering strategies.
- Experience with sequencing technologies and ‘omics data analysis.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and technical writing skills.
- Experience leading a technical team (>5 people).
- Experience with microbial fermentation (lab scale and/or pilot scale) and bioprocess development.
- Experience working with recalcitrant Actinomycetes.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Indianapolis, Indiana campus is home to more than 1,000 employees whose mission is simple, to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop, credit union and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, wok, deli, fresh salad bar, and a variety of ethnic and healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and festive holiday events. Join a volleyball or ping pong league or take part in supporting the Indianapolis Colts during Blue Fridays! Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology and colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: