Systems Administrator l
Indiana Packers Corporation Delphi, Indiana
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related IT infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Participate in the management and deployment of the physical, virtual, and cloud server environments.
- Participate in the management and configuration of enterprise systems and applications.
- Review and patch servers/systems as required by security policies and initiatives.
- Apply OS and 3rd party patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Understands security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Responsible for Office365 environment, including Exchange, Sharepoint, Teams, and Mobile Device Management.
- Work to define and enhance IT policies and processes for their area across all locations.
- Support team continuous improvement by looking for ways to streamline and automate processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that servers and applications are being backed up and adhering to data retention policies with respect to best practices.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Lead project teams to deliver new technologies and improve utilization of IT Assets.
- Monitor and respond to systems outages as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of Systems Administration experience
- Microsoft Systems Administration and/or VMWare certification(s)
- Unix experience is preferred
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: VMWare, Veeam, MS Azure
OUR COMPANY: INDIANA PACKERS CORPORATION
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, food service and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. IPC is majority owned, by Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan’s largest trading company with more than 60,000 team members. As a company, we are growing; in the past five years, we’ve grown by more than 50% to almost 3,000 team members with 4 primary processing facilities and field personnel in 11 states. We’ve done this through a series of acquisitions and “green field” startups.
We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including three health care options (including a HSA), two dental options, two vision options, a very competitive 401(k) plan (with two different company match components), and a number of other supplemental benefits (including a generous tuition reimbursement program). Better yet, we’re located in the state of Indiana (think high employment rates, low taxes, and an exceptional quality of life), within proximity of both Chicago (100 miles) and Indianapolis (70 miles).
OUR COMMUNITY: GREATER LAFAYETTE, INDIANA
Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is in a prime location with easy and quick access to Chicago, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. The area is home to Purdue University, ranked as the fifth best public university in the country according to the Wall Street Journal (2019). Two of the top five high schools in the state are located here, helping to fuel a great place to live for our team members with families. With an abundance of strong educational systems and a less than average cost of living, there is a lot to like about the area.
The city has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as the #2 Small City for Business and careers. With a combined population of roughly 150,000, Lafayette/West Lafayette offers metropolitan amenities while maintaining its small-town charm. If you enjoy a larger city experience, you can be in downtown Indianapolis in an hour and downtown Chicago in two hours!
Indiana Packers Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual’s membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.