Who are we, and what do we do? At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for an Sythetic Biologist in the Systems & Synthetic Biology group within Crop Protection Discovery and Development located in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for a molecular biologist to execute our microbial engineering strategy in supports of our biologicals and natural product discovery and development projects and biocatalysis initiatives.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Design and execute independent cloning projects that deploy modern molecular biology methods.
- Collaborate with senior scientists to explore new technologies and with automation specialists to improve our platform throughput.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts with scientists from our microbial screening, fermentation, and process development teams.
- Provide technical mentoring to technicians.
- Deliver internal presentations and research reports.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. degree in Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience using molecular cloning methods.
- Experience with QC methods (e.g., qPCR, ddPCR, RT-ddPCR) to validate plasmids and strains.
- Proficiency with aseptic technique.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain detailed records.
- M.S. in relevant field with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience with the development and execution of automated workflows for molecular biology.
- Experience engineering bacteria to produce metabolites and/or proteins.
Benefits: Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!