At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2024 Global Internship Program as a Surgery Tech Intern in Greenfield, Indiana!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
Participating in the vet tech internship not only gives you the chance to explore and learn about the research industry and the numerous career opportunities it can offer, but also provides an opportunity to be an active member in current Covance studies. As an intern, you will handle a variety of animals, both small and large, learning appropriate handling techniques, blood draw techniques, intubation practice, catheter placements, anesthesia and more. Be ready for a fast pace environment of prepping for surgeries, performing treatments, physical exams, and other various technical procedures. The opportunity to learn about new and unique surgeries is present every day from a team that welcomes and is excited to teach. The program also involves an independent project that will not only excite you but challenge you to think in new ways. The vet tech internship is a welcoming hands-on learning environment, combining a clinical and corporate atmosphere that allows you to utilize your current skill set, while further enhancing your personal growth and development both technically and professionally.
What to Expect:
- Perform basic veterinary laboratory procedures including but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol and Regulatory Agency guidelines.
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol, standard operating procedure documents, and government regulations
- Can interpret and understand a basic protocol
- Basic understanding of good research practice (GRP) principles
- Effectively manages time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms, feed, environmental requirements, study supplies, surgical supplies
- Performs basic dosing and bleeding techniques and restraint procedures on multiple species
- Performs anesthesia on multiple species
- Performs aseptic surgical preparation
- Performs general physical exams, laboratory testing and dental cleanings on multiple species
- Perform internship project and present summary of project to veterinary team. Project details will be determined at beginning of internship and may be based on specific group needs and individual areas of interests.
- Completed or currently participating in a Veterinary Technical or Animal Science program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific program or education.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to accurately read and record information.
- Good communication, time management, organizational and attention to details skills.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.