Social Media Associate, Supporters of Agricultural Research Foundation (SoAR Foundation)
To apply, please send resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB October 7.
Supporters of Agricultural Research Foundation (SoAR Foundation) advocates for investments in public agricultural research, development, and delivery to farmers in the U.S. and globally. SoAR works to increase understanding of the value of such investments for a sustainable, resilient, food-secure world. We seek a part-time Social Media Associate intern from October 18, 2021 – May 13, 2022.
The Social Media Associate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and dedicated student who will help SoAR Foundation advance our mission through storytelling and communications. The work requires between 8-12 hours weekly on several communications efforts, including, but not limited to, developing podcasts with the President of SoAR, drafting and editing blogs, creating compelling social media products, and promoting SoAR’s activities on a range of social media sites.
The individual will have excellent writing skills, be adept in the use of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, basic website editing) and have a basic understanding of agriculture, agriculture research, delivery/extension, and food systems. The position pays $20 hourly, no benefits, but work hours are flexible and work is remote. Agriculture/Nutrition communications and education majors are encouraged to apply. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to work with a leading advocacy NGO in the sustainable agriculture/policy space. The Social Media Associate reports to the President of the SoAR Foundation.
The various work products include, but are not limited to:
Social Media Planning
· Develop and implement a monthly Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn outreach plan, including stories to feature, key topics, and partners (advocacy organizations and universities)
· Create social media cards to go with the outreach plan
· Track key partners on Twitter, create retweets/posts for approval
· Help maintain LinkedIn and Facebook pages with posts
· Suggest engagement strategies or new tactics as appropriate
· Support development of podcasts with Deans, Researchers and Students of the FedByScience Initiative, a project of SoAR Foundation. Guests from the U.S. Government (such as Dr. Carrie Castille, NIFA and private-sector guests) will be included as well.
· Help maintain the FedByScience website and share existing stories on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
· Write 1 blog monthly for FedByScience
SoAR Blogs on International and U.S. Policy/Legislative Action
· Support President, International Policy Program Officer and Legislative Officer on regular blogs
· Assist with drafting/editing blogs and write 1 blog monthly
Serve as lead on posting press releases, blog posts and other content (Statamic website software)
Identify opportunities to promote website through search engines
Monitor website for functionality and work with President and Program Officer on updates/edits