This job posting is an “Evergreen Requisition” designed to gather talent for current or future open positions. It Is a way for Conagra to expedite the hiring process when there is a need to fill that type of role. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest in a particular job function within Conagra. Your application will be reviewed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist who may reach out to learn more about your career interests, and how that may best fit with Conagra. In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available.
The Program is structured to last 36 months and will allow for consistent growth and individual development opportunities. The Engineering Development Associate will spend time in the corporate Engineering group and will then rotate in to an Engineering role at a production facility.
- This position involves significant communication and coordination with multiple stakeholders (e.g., Operations, Finance, EHS and RQI).
- External interaction will include, however, is not limited to, equipment vendors, construction contractors, engineering services contractors, and co-manufacturing organizations.
- For projects of various sizes, develops Front-End-Loading packages (FEL’s) that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success
- May manage small projects independently
- Participate and execute experiments in plant trials
- Prepare and present technical reports to supervisor, both written and oral
- Interpret, develop, and issue technical specifications
- Work to develop subject matter expertise of the packaging principals and operating systems for assigned areas
- This person will have a fundamental understanding of a food manufacturing environment, a technical knowledge of equipment and may develop project management skills that can be applied to small low complexity business initiatives
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Overall GPA of 3.25
- Leadership experience
- Desire to grow within Engineering function
- Ability to relocate
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Proven leadership ability (i.e. collaboration, influencing & problem-solving skills)
- Strong time management and follow-through skills
- Ability to react to day to day situations without losing sight of strategy
- Financial Aptitude (i.e. budget management, cost driver understanding)
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender’s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke’s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.