Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This role is critical to the successful execution of multiple intercompany (manufacturing to affiliate warehouse) areas of responsibility including coordination of expedited shipments, managing logistics and internal escalations, leading process improvement opportunities for the Intercompany Services team and representing the US team in global standardization initiatives. The Intercompany Services team member will proactively provide recommendations to key stakeholders to ensure reliable delivery. Success factors for this role include strong communication skills, ability to earn trust across stakeholders, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, exposure to logistics and manufacturing planning processes at Elanco, and the ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Key Objectives/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for exceptional customer service and trade compliance accuracy to internal and external partners for shipments from manufacturing sites to affiliate warehouses including auditing of shipping documentation, coordination with freight forwarders, freight payment exception management, and resolution of customer service issues (product damage in transit, temperature variances, reports of missing product or documentation, delayed shipments, etc.)
- Communicate clearly to key stakeholders any changes in product availability or delivery timing
- Assist in coordination of new product launches within business, ensure affiliates are aligned with global launch maps and supply availability.
- Identify areas of process improvement, including existing global processes, US job aides, metrics, and communication cadences. Define value of identified areas of improvement and assist in building business case for adoption as applicable.
- Regularly review affiliate escalated requirements and order due dates to clarify priorities. Provide recommendations and risk management strategies for demand management processes and existing PO requirements.
- Build and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with Commercial Supply Chain and other business leaders (Global Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, etc)
- Understanding of Supply Chain concepts, tools and business processes including knowledge Manufacturing Operations, Planning, Logistics, EX/IM, SAP, Warehousing, Quality and Regulatory
- 4 year degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- 5+ years experience in supply chain related roles, preference for direct experience in Import/Export Compliance, managing freight forwarders, or warehouse/shipping management experience.
- Customer service focus, proven record of success in resolving conflicts and creative problem solving
- Effectively collaborates cross-functionally (Commercial, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Marketing, Sales), at the leadership and broader team level
- Excellent communicator; ability to influence broadly
- Proven learning agility
Additional Preferences (may be based on location):
- Experience in Export and International Trade
- Project Management experience
- APICS certification
- CPIM certification
- Language skills: English, local language(s)
- Work shift: Full time
- 50% in office / 50% work from home
- Travel required (% of time) – up to 20%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status