Are you looking to grow your professional career? If so, Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst located at our Global Business Center in Johnston, IA. Corteva offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, a variable bonus plan, robust time off benefits inclulding paid maternity, parental and family illness leave, and much more!
The Supply Chain Analyst role is to analyze available supply, demand, and capacity constraints to create and maintain process orders which provide visibility of conditioning, treating and packaging needs at North American corn production locations and third party contract conditioners to meet NAS and Multi-Channel Seed distribution plans while minimizing production regret. This role will develop forward looking plans to ensure the availability of inputs to make process orders actionable while adhering to the required scheduling horizon to support production locations efficiency. The Scheduling Analyst will also provide training and support on supply chain systems and processes to stakeholders. In addition, this role will help lead and participate on cross functional teams to improve Supply Chain effectiveness and create and maintain KPIs to measure the quality of supply chain processes.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide production and packaging signals to production locations: (50%)
- Evaluate available supply, demand, and CTM/SNAP planning tool outputs to create process orders that provide visibility of needs for conditioning, packaging, and treating to production locations in accordance with time horizons.
- Forward plan to ensure process order inputs are available timely and demand is fulfilled based on priorities to meet current segment targets or quarterly objectives.
- Consider options to optimize asset utilization and make decisions regarding what supply to utilize to fulfill demand.
- Monitor KPI’s to measure performance toward objectives.
- Collaborate across other functional supply chain teams to meet customer demands: (25%)
- Work collaboratively with Quality team to maximize supply position and make decisions to support demand fulfilment and to ensure system is maintained timely to provide accurate inventory snapshot.
- Identify and communicate to allocation team where supply variances are occurring.
- Support Distribution team with aligning production with distribution plans.
- Develop process improvements and standard work instructions related to Scheduling functions to improve supply chain effectiveness.
- Provide visibility of production timelines to CU Planners.
- Align KPIs across supply chain functions.
- Production Location Support: (15%)
- Assist internal and external production locations with managing production schedules, rough cut capacity plans, priorities, and sample size grids.
- Provide direction, support, and training to internal production locations and 3rd party contract conditioners on production and system needs.
- Be on call periodically to support production locations with process order issues after hours.
- Develop and maintain clear packaging specifications and CAMS documents.
- Works closely with other business partners such as Sourcing, Compliance, Research and IT: (10%)
- Ensure compliance with labeling and packaging laws.
- Develop plans to meet Research demand for commercial production.
- Work jointly with IT to develop new systems to support supply chain and production processes.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business or Agricultural related fields or equivalent amount of education and experience
- 3-5 years of production or supply chain experience
- Working knowledge or ability to learn Excel, Access and SAP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work closely with peers in a team environment
- In depth knowledge of supply chain principals and acumen
- Strong analytical skills and able to manipulate and interpret data to make decisions
- Ability to model scenarios and make data and cost driven decisions
- Capable to work across functions to ensure supply chain strategies are executed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of commercial corn production and quality processes
- Ability to prioritize multiple diverse activities at any given time
- APICS Coursework or Certification preferred