Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst – Contract Production, based in Johnston, IA.
At Corteva Agriscience, we grow progress by putting farmers and consumers at the heart of agriculture, to help reshape the industry for the 21st century. We believe that the future of farming depends on aligning the food chain from end to end, so that we can work together to build agriculture into an industry that is more financially secure, sustainable, innovative and responsive. We are helping to shape an industry better able to understand and react to global market demands, that can effectively harness science, technology and innovation to optimize productivity, and which has the know-how and resources to help chart its own long-term success in the face of challenge and change.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Detailed Production Scheduling Responsibilities – Create process orders for 3rd party production locations and provide direction and timelines for completion.
- Master Production Scheduling Responsibilities – Provide product level production needs to internal locations and 3rd party producers.
- Schedule and lead periodic update meetings with 3rd party production teams.
- Coordinate raw material movement between suppliers and production locations.
- Manage multi-year demand forecasting responsibilities to meet global needs and drive standardization for these processes.
- Create and maintain packaging specifications.
- Drive standardization for the product lines, continue to identify areas for improvement, and drive change when necessary.
- Ensure packaged volumes meet distribution needs.
- Analyze and share information for effective decision making.
- Represent SPSC key initiatives, responsibilities, and deadlines.
- Assist in the development of performance metrics, gather feedback, and develop goals for continuous performance improvement.
- Proactively analyze and provide improvement recommendations addressing performance gaps to leadership team
- Update and communicate performance metrics for daily department board and monthly supply review meetings
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Agricultural Business/Economics, Agronomy, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience managing a specific product line, production, or supply chain (a combination of these experience bases is preferred)
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interact, persuade, influence and negotiate
- Ability to understand needs of the business and proactively identify opportunities for improved product utilization
- Organizational skills, ability to handle stress and manage heavy workloads at peak business times of year
- Ability to manage through change and organizational challenges to maintain satisfied customers and obtain business goals
- Ability to take initiative and manage conflict
- Strong written communication skills
- The ability to communicate orally in a professional and effective manner with strong negotiating capability
- Demonstrated computer aptitude with competency in SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
The following are preferred:
- APICS Certified
- In-depth knowledge of agriculture seed products including performance, positioning and placement
- Understanding of the agriculture sales and production process
- Knowledge of Ag business including supply/demand planning
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.